MS Office 2004 11.2.3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just installed it and the Spotlight integration is a breath of fresh air. Works pretty much the same way it does with Apple Mail. Also, Sync Services integration works but i don't have a .mac account to test more. AddressBook/iCal syncing works and If I had a phone to sync it with, I'm sure it would be really cool.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

I just installed it and the Spotlight integration is a breath of fresh air. Works pretty much the same way it does with Apple Mail. Also, Sync Services integration works but i don't have a .mac account to test more. AddressBook/iCal syncing works and If I had a phone to sync it with, I'm sure it would be really cool.

How long did it take to index your data? I'm not getting anything after about 5min.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Haven't installed this update yet... waiting 'til I get home. Since I don't use Entourage it doesn't sound like this update does me much good though.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by varian72

How long did it take to index your data? I'm not getting anything after about 5min.

Not long. We don't keep much mail in our mailboxes though.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Not long. We don't keep much mail in our mailboxes though.

Took about 15 minutes, but I have 1000's of emails....this is a HUGE improvement. Entourage's search sucked big time.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Yeah, 30 day retention policies are good for something.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    is it directly integrated within Entourage, or just within the system-wide Spotlight window?
  • Reply 7 of 16
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

is it directly integrated within Entourage, or just within the system-wide Spotlight window?

Unfortunately, just within the system-wide Spotlight window as far as I can tell. This is disappointing since I hate 'leaving' my mail app to find messages (especially when they show up listed amongst thousands of other files)...
  • Reply 8 of 16
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Yick. Figures--I'm surprised that they even got around to getting Spotlight integrated this release, to be honest--I had suspected we'd have to wait until the next edition of Office.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

AddressBook/iCal syncing works

How did you get this working? I checked the "Sync with Address Book" box in Entourage preferences, but nothing happens. I ran iSync manually but no help. Tried "Adding Device" in iSync to no avial.

What do you do to actually initiate the sync? Is it just automatic for everyone else?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Ok Entourage users, why do you use Entourage over other Mail apps? I've been staying away from it like the plague and have no complaints. Less boils too!
  • Reply 11 of 16
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    They seem much faster at opening to me.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Ok Entourage users, why do you use Entourage over other Mail apps? I've been staying away from it like the plague and have no complaints. Less boils too!

Fewer boils. If you use Mail or some other email client, you will have fewer boils. Don't forget that avoiding Entourage also makes your breath fresh and minty.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

Fewer boils. If you use Mail or some other email client, you will have fewer boils. Don't forget that avoiding Entourage also makes your breath fresh and minty.

The fresh mintiness is another reason I use Mail.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Exchange. That should be the only reason.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

How did you get this working? I checked the "Sync with Address Book" box in Entourage preferences, but nothing happens. I ran iSync manually but no help. Tried "Adding Device" in iSync to no avial.

What do you do to actually initiate the sync? Is it just automatic for everyone else?

1. What OS are you running?

2. You don't have to run iSync at all to see the effects. Just look in Address Book/iCal and see if your info is there. Then sync iSync compatible devices and they will all reflect what you have in Entourage.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Outsider -

1) 10.4.5

2) Are you saying that Entourage only syncs its contact info with Address Book if you sync to a hardware peripheral? I just want Entourage and Address Book to stay in sync with one another without syncing either to a piece of hardware. Am I misunderstanding what the new Office Sync support even does? Does it not work directly between applications?