Just bought me a MacBook Pro :)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Decided to upgrade my PowerBook 1.25 with the new 2GHz MBP. ETA is set to 11/4. I usually buy through a store and pick the computer up at the same time I buy it, so this is somewhat new to me.

Is apple usually on time, late or early with delivery according to the ETA ? Also, does apple ship faster when the computer is ordered through ADC, or is that irrelevant ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I'm not sure if the ADC piece is relevant, as long as your hardware credit(s) have been finalized. In other words, if you have a $99 student ADC account, Apple will want FAXed/mailed docs proving you are a full time student before authorizing the ADC discount. If you have a select or premiere account then you don't need to worry about this.

That $400/500 ADC discount is pretty sweet though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BoeManE

Decided to upgrade my PowerBook 1.25 with the new 2GHz MBP. ETA is set to 11/4. I usually buy through a store and pick the computer up at the same time I buy it, so this is somewhat new to me.

Is apple usually on time, late or early with delivery according to the ETA ? Also, does apple ship faster when the computer is ordered through ADC, or is that irrelevant ?

American Translation : 11/4 == 4/11 (April)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

American Translation : 11/4 == 4/11 (April)

Yea, every other country on the planet uses D/M/YY notation, kinda like how every other country on the planet uses the metric system.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

I'm not sure if the ADC piece is relevant, as long as your hardware credit(s) have been finalized. In other words, if you have a $99 student ADC account, Apple will want FAXed/mailed docs proving you are a full time student before authorizing the ADC discount. If you have a select or premiere account then you don't need to worry about this.

That $400/500 ADC discount is pretty sweet though.

Yes, I have verified my student discount and it has been put through when I called in and ordered.

That $400/500 discount is what made me upgrade at this point in time. I have a 1.25GHz 15" PB which, when I bought it, I was planning on keeping for quite a longer time than I'm going to
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Then it sounds like you're good to go! MBP demand seems to be through the roof, so your 11/4 shipdate is probably right on target. If you're lucky though it might ship a little earlier. Since production seems to be stable I don't think you'll have to wait later, although that date might mean the date your MBP leaves China, not the date it'll be at your door.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Its slated for delivery from the factory at the 5th, and arrival on the 11th.. Thats OK, I can wait.. i'm really goot at waiting for stuff