What's A Good Video Camera For Producing DVDs . . .

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
What's A Good Video Camera For Producing DVDs. I heard the Canon G1 is good. Anyone here got a good camera or does DVDs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I have heard several things about Canon camcorders, some good, some bad. It actually comes down to what you're willing to pay. I'd say the Canon GL1 is a probably a good camera, but the word on the street is that a replacement to the GL1 will be announced by Canon in August.

It's hard to choose these days. Other good cameras would be the Sony VX2000, and the new Panasonic DX100 (available this fall). Myself, I have the Panasonic EZ30, which has been a great camera for me. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued and the current replacement supposedly is sucky. I have a G4/933 with a SuperDrive, but have yet to burn a DVD. I don't own a DVD player other than the SuperDrive in my computer, so right now it's kinda pointless.

If I were you, I would immerse yourself in a good catalog, like that of <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com"; target="_blank">B&H Photo Video</a> out of New York. They're reputable. Their prices are very reasonable. And they get thiings to you quickly and have great service.

When you're at their site, you can choose the pricing category that fits your budget.

In the end, however, it isn't really going to matter what camera you use for the final DVD product, but the art and skill behind the camera that will determine how good the final product is.

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: Dave Hagan ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 7
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Why, the Canon XL1, of course!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>Why, the Canon XL1, of course!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I second that. But hope you have the pocket book of a rich man!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Ditto Canon xl1. Get the Eos adapter so you can use any Canon Eos still camera lenses too
  • Reply 5 of 7
    sybariticsybaritic Posts: 340member
    Don't forget the Sony DSR-PD150. It's cheaper than the Canon XL1s, lacks the lens adaptability, but handles wear and tear better. With dual XLR audio jacks and straight-ahead features, it's a great prosumer camera.

----------------------------------

still waiting in nashville
  • Reply 6 of 7
    sizzle chestsizzle chest Posts: 1,133member
    [quote]Originally posted by Dave Hagan:

<strong>I'd say the Canon GL1 is a probably a good camera, but the word on the street is that a replacement to the GL1 will be announced by Canon in August.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sooner than that.... the GL2 was announced today.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    prestonpreston Posts: 219member
    <a href="http://www.hitachi.com/tv/browse/camcorders/dvd/dvd_index.shtml"; target="_blank">Hitachi</a>

Why bother with miniDV tapes?

Pres