Is this a tablet in an Apple photo?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Take a peek at this page on Apple's site. The guy in the foreground is writing on a screen of some sort... ??? 8)

http://www.apple.com/education/profi...gan_dentistry/

Is this a new tablet?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    No.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    ryanhryanh Posts: 116member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

Take a peek at this page on Apple's site. The guy in the foreground is writing on a screen of some sort... ??? 8)

Is this a new tablet?

It would seem so. But Apple isn't likely to make a slip that big and give some dentistry student an "iTablet."

Don't get your hopes up.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    That would be awesome! You can't see the majority of it for obvious reasons, and it could always be nothing.

I have always been a little suspicious of Apples supposed slips. I think sometimes they give up hints as to what is coming because with their supreme secrecy before the G5 slip so much speculation lead to rumors that were unsubstantiated, and to such Mac-user / consumer let down downs it was hurting them, and their bottom line. I think they leak stuff on purpose now and again which is smart IMO. BTW if that's an Apple tablet I'm getting one.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Mmm...

The MacPad line from Apple...

Mmm...
  • Reply 5 of 24
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Mmm...

The MacPad line from Apple...

Mmm...

No. That's obviously the iPad. Look how fat that thing is. The MacPad Pro is less than an inch thick, for sure.

--B
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

No. That's obviously the iPad. Look how fat that thing is. The MacPad Pro is less than an inch thick, for sure.

--B

Why do you think I said "the MacPad line"...?!?

That could be the MacPad (aka iPad) which is 13.3" widescreen...

Or it could be one of the two MacPad Pros...

15.4" or 17"...

It is too big to be the MacPad mini, which only has a 8" widescreen...

;^p
  • Reply 7 of 24
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    As long as the taablet uses the gesture UI patents when released I don't care how it's branded
  • Reply 8 of 24
    I still say 8" MacPad mini for Apple's 30th...

Oh yeah, 500th post!

Senior Member, sweet...
  • Reply 9 of 24
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    Quote:

Is this a new tablet?

Interesting other students have an apple product so one must conclude this must be one as well....
  • Reply 10 of 24
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Steve:

"OK, we're almost set to go with the MacPad, one of our most highly anticipated products releases ever. I'd like to thank everyone for managing to maintain airtight security for these last three years. I'm sure your looking forward to being reunited with your families. Jerry, I'm terribly sorry about your wife, but loose lips sink ships and all that. Hope you got the flowers."

"Now, I had a fun idea. What if, a few weeks before we actually announce the MacPad, we put a picture of it into some random higher ed profile? I mean, really random, like, I don't know, the University of Michigan School of Dentistry! (laughter) You know, just kind of slip it in , for no fucking reason whatsoever. Wouldn't that be fun? Because, after managing to keep it under wraps all this time, it would be really hilarious to sorta "leak" it, on the off chance that some sharp eyed Mac enthusiast would spot it! Hee hee! I think that would be a hoot!"

(Begins a mad little dance of glee)
  • Reply 11 of 24
    You know you want it. Badly.

If it isn't an Apple thing, then what kinda thingy is it?
  • Reply 12 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Well after looking again I'd say it's not an Apple tablet, but that doesn't mean I don't want one. I thought that was an Apple marketing picture, not real students. I believe I let hope get ahead of my head.

But - they did put a shot of a tablet of some unknown branding on their site which in itself is a little promising, and could still be considered a hint, but again, it's probably nothing.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Well after looking again I'd say it's not an Apple tablet, but that doesn't mean I don't want one. I thought that was an Apple marketing picture, not real students. I believe I let hope get ahead of my head.

But - they did put a shot of a tablet of some unknown branding on their site which in itself is a little promising, and could still be considered a hint, but again, it's probably nothing.

But we don't know what one looks like anyway since it's not been officialy released.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    o.O

Short comment:

I remember SJ said about taking 4 great products that would return Apple to were it was 5 - 10 years before his ousting, we all know them:

iMac

PowerMac

PowerBook

iBook

This is how they appeared...

Then the iPod came to the equation and lately the mini...

The tablet mac or MacPad whatever you want to call it, will come too...

I think it's just a matter of time, Steve & CO. are taking "baby steps" next year will mark 10 years since the return of the jedi and SJ is giving more and more products: hardware & software and by no means this will stop. Taking in consideration the "orgami project" and the fact that Apple is already on INTEL INSIDE it only means to me that they will do better products than the rest of their industry competitors..

The thing is that Steve Jobs is making sure that those products will be demanded or needed by us the mac users..

This I think is how you build a formidable company...

If I could resume Apple in one word I would choose:

"PATIENCE"

• Reply 15 of 24
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:

You know you want it. Badly.

If it isn't an Apple thing, then what kinda thingy is it?

It looks like one of these.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/do.../1107/ms26.jpg

Not the black screen bezel - and the silver top to the stylus.

C.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zenga

If I could resume Apple in one word I would choose:

"PATIENCE"

don't forget that minor incremental upgrades is part of the strategy...makes you buy and buy and buy and buy....along with all the extra attachments and wires that you need but aren't part of the package so you have to buy and buy and buy...
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

don't forget that minor incremental upgrades is part of the strategy...makes you buy and buy and buy and buy....along with all the extra attachments and wires that you need but aren't part of the package so you have to buy and buy and buy...

• Reply 18 of 24
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Why do you think I said "the MacPad line"...?!?

Chill. Out.

Geez. It's a little joke in another absurd tablet thread. Please.

--B
  • Reply 19 of 24
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carniphage

It looks like one of these.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/pc/do.../1107/ms26.jpg

Not the black screen bezel - and the silver top to the stylus.

C.

Think you picked it. Black trim to the bezel, black band around the middle of the case and chrome tipped, black stylus. Seems a good fit.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Evolution of a rumor...