Mail - Smart Folders

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Why hello there,

I would like to think that I am fairly good with understanding how to use most apps without an instruction manual, especially in Mac OS X.

However, it seems that I am having difficulty in simply creating a smart folder as a subfolder (i.e. not the same branch as Inbox and Sent Items).

I have a feeling, in fact, that it is not possible after various attempts to drag, but I thought I should check on here.

Regards,

Nius.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nius

Why hello there,

I would like to think that I am fairly good with understanding how to use most apps without an instruction manual, especially in Mac OS X.

However, it seems that I am having difficulty in simply creating a smart folder as a subfolder (i.e. not the same branch as Inbox and Sent Items).

I have a feeling, in fact, that it is not possible after various attempts to drag, but I thought I should check on here.

Regards,

Nius.

Try this link!

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...en/ml1099.html
  • Reply 2 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nius

I have a feeling, in fact, that it is not possible

I believe that is correct.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    niusnius Posts: 58member
    Thanks to both of you. It seems that it is not possible.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I think there is speculation that Leopard will allow for smart folders within smart folders in Spotlight.

Maybe this would then apply to Mail.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    If you look in the Mailbox menu, there is an item called "New Smart Mailbox Folder...". It allows you to create a folder that contains Smart Mailboxes.