Macbook Pro Airplane Power?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Has anyone seen an airplane power adapter for the Macbook Pro yet? I am ready to pull the trigger on the Macbook, but inflight power is a necessity for me!

David

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Continental Airlines now has normal 110v outlets at the seats.

I think it's not on all thier airplanes yet though... gradually upgrading the fleet.

It might only be in First Class also, I'm not sure.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    halsehalse Posts: 53member
    the location of power outlets in planes by airline and so much more at:

http://www.seatguru.com/
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Neat site, but it is not quite up to date.

In any case... I suppose you can assume that site gives you the MINIMUM amenities at each seat... in reality you might get more.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Isn't odd that neither Apple nor any 3rd party has even mentioned an airplane charger yet?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    How exactly is an airplane adapter different from a normal adapter that comes with the computer?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Look how annoying this is:

http://www.mobileplanet.com/product....&partner=IMFRO

This looks perfect, except that it is only good up to 75W, and I beleive that the new Macbook Pro adapter is 85w!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

How exactly is an airplane adapter different from a normal adapter that comes with the computer?

Because most aircraft seat power outlets don't use the "standard" 110 v plug. (The idea was intended to prevent people from plugging in high-draw appliances and tripping circuit breakers for the entire system.)
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Anyone know if international flights with airlines like Lufthansa have plugs for at least current Powerbook adapters sold by Apple in coach?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ibuzzibuzz Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timeline

Anyone know if international flights with airlines like Lufthansa have plugs for at least current Powerbook adapters sold by Apple in coach?

I thought Apple only sold 1st class