can my powerbook be closed but on?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi - I just made the pc switch to go to college and I was wondering if I can close the lid of my powerbook ( new 667 ) and still play music threw my external speakers. THanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    From what I hear, that is possible on the Powerbook G4's, just not on the iBook's. I can't tell you for sure though, as I own a iBook...not a Powerbook. Search around here on AI and find the posts about people wanting to do that with their iBook's and you'll find some post about doing it with Powerbook's.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by cmn083:

<strong>Hi - I just made the pc switch to go to college and I was wondering if I can close the lid of my powerbook ( new 667 ) and still play music threw my external speakers. THanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

Should do. I do it all the time. Note, however, the I have an external keyboard and a mouse. All I do is close the lid, hit a key on the keyboard and the computer wakes up. (At this point, if there is an external monitor plugged in, it turns on without the LCD screen). Hit the space bar to get iTunes playing. I'm not sure what the options are if you don't have an external keyboard, though. Also, this only works with X.1.5

CGI
  • Reply 3 of 3
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    As long as you have an external keyboard and mouse I don't see why it wouldn't work.