Where are the Birthday Invitations ??

Comments

• Reply 41 of 89
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    You do know it's March, so tomorrow would be March 21st?
  • Reply 42 of 89
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I agree that there's still a chance for an invite to go out Tuesday or so, but the even better be great for such short notice. I think Apple needs to be more courteous of the media.
  • Reply 43 of 89
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

You do know it's March, so tomorrow would be March 21st?

Sorry man! I guess I lost track of the time!
  • Reply 44 of 89
    ryanhryanh Posts: 116member
    I'm starting to think that if there are going to be announcements, they are going to be either minor [ie- no event, just a site release] or closer to the end of April. Especially if it is MacBooks. The demand for a redesigned, Intel-based, consumer level Apple portable is going to be high. And if this is what's next for Apple, I can see them putting it off to build up a relatively high initial supply to cope with demand.

The fact that there hasn't been anything about any media outlets getting invites by this time would support this.

But again, this is all wild speculation. For all I know, on April first Apple will switch back to PowerPC and it won't be an April fools joke.
  • Reply 45 of 89
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    Well the latest Applesinsider article on widescreen iPods is saying June...... maybe there will be no event afterall.
  • Reply 46 of 89
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    But then when is the Mac Book going to be announced? When Apple announces the Mac Book it won't be a website update, but will be an event, and April is as good a time as any I guess. Fingers crossed.
  • Reply 47 of 89
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Does anyone remember a report a little while back about something being introduced on April 1 of this year?

I totally remember.. maybe I just need to get back on the sauce.
  • Reply 48 of 89
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    See my posting back at the beginning of this mad frothing--the "evidence" that there will be an event is sketchy at best.
  • Reply 49 of 89
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    Maybe some at Apple are sort of loping around going "Geez, man. I can't fucking believe I'm turning 30!"

And others are like "Dude, 30 is totally the new 20."
  • Reply 50 of 89
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Sorry for being pessimistic.

But I don't think we'll see any event for April 1. Since nothing happened today.

But that doesn't mean we might not see any product announcement.

The thing is any new amazing product will have Steve introducing it. So as far as today it feels like April 1 will only be a anniversary page at Apple.com.
  • Reply 51 of 89
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

Sorry for being pessimistic.

But I don't think we'll see any event for April 1. Since nothing happened today.

But that doesn't mean we might not see any product announcement.

The thing is any new amazing product will have Steve introducing it. So as far as today it feels like April 1 will only be a anniversary page at Apple.com.

That's quite possible, but so far, AppleInsider's track record this year has been (more or less) on the mark... As long as AppleInsider predicts an event, I'll probably stick to that. But think about it: Steve is going to want to do the event April 4 (after April 1, when the quarter ends) because that's when he'll be able to announce the # macbooks sold, imacs sold, etc.
  • Reply 52 of 89
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Why are so many of you insistent on an event being BEFORE April 1? I would think it would make much more sense to say, "We turned 30 on Saturday, and now we want to celebrate. We've got some really great stuff for you today." Invitations for an April 4 event would need to go out no later than Tuesday, March 28. We still have a little less than a week, folks.
  • Reply 53 of 89
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Why are so many of you insistent on an event being BEFORE April 1? I would think it would make much more sense to say, "We turned 30 on Saturday, and now we want to celebrate. We've got some really great stuff for you today." Invitations for an April 4 event would need to go out no later than Tuesday, March 28. We still have a little less than a week, folks.

You slipped in there and corrected yourself before I had a chance to berate you...!

;^p
  • Reply 54 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I thought it was because most likely Steve is going to go to India during the first week of April. But since the exact date is not known it could be an April 4th.

(this part is not directed at you but in general)

But I have a crazy idea why can't it be on April 1st?

I think this is a possibility since (tech) Tuesdays are usually days when a lot of product are introduced/updgraded, lots of rumors, news, etc. So why not do it on Saturday when tech news is non existent that way Apple and Steve can 100% of people attention?

Just because it's not the norm doesn't mean it can't be done, plus it also makes Apple seem more unique...

my 2 cents
  • Reply 55 of 89
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    It would be nice to have a big shebang for the 30th anniversary.. Regardless of what they do though, I think they'll make it special. Unless of course they do nothing in which case there'll be riots in the streets and the Earth will stop spinning.. Wow that was random..

Jimzip
  • Reply 56 of 89
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    Just a thought, but I wonder if a delay in the new iBooks (MacBook) would likely mean more people opting for the more expensive MacBook Pros. Also according to reports here on Appleinsider, productin of the Intel Mini has been scaled back a little to help with MacBook Pro demand - would Apple do something similar with the iBook?
  • Reply 57 of 89
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Sad, I wanted there to be invites this week. Well, maybe next week?
  • Reply 58 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by xflare

Just a thought, but I wonder if a delay in the new iBooks (MacBook) would likely mean more people opting for the more expensive MacBook Pros. Also according to reports here on Appleinsider, productin of the Intel Mini has been scaled back a little to help with MacBook Pro demand - would Apple do something similar with the iBook?

I know if they don't introduce the MacBook soon, I'm going to end up blowing the money I've saved for it on a Windows laptop. MacBook Pros just seem far too big for someone like me that's looking to carry it around all the time.

I really want something either this week or next week tho. Apple fans deserve it!
  • Reply 59 of 89
    Just out of curiosity - Has anyone been in the conference room of the SoHo store in NY lately? 8)
  • Reply 60 of 89
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    For those of you who want an iBook/MacBook, just buy an iBook now. Remember that a 13.3 inch laptop will be larger than a 12 inch laptop, a problem if you're concerned about size.