MacBook Pro ad on myspace

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, so I know this is probably of little consequence, but when apple makes an ad usually there is a little fuss about it, kind of like the recent nano ad (which is awesome by the way).

Anyhow, I logged into my myspace account this morning and the first thing I noticed in the upper right was an ad, an ad that moves rather quickly in fact, if you try to focus on everything that is shown on the screen you almost get dizzy, in the end you realize it is a MBP ad and there is a link directly to the apple website to learn more about it.

In the ad you see some of the following:

Apple logo

Intel core duo logo

Front Row

Garageband

And software from iLife 06

at the end it says;

Presenting the MacBook Pro

4x faster

The Fastest Mac Notebook Ever

*note* I am not sure if that is imovie or final cut they are using in the video it moves so quickly I can't tell.

It's nice to see Apple doing a few ads, and I am especially excited to see an ad that is not ipod/itunes related!

-Roy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gm7Cadd9

Ok, so I know this is probably of little consequence, but when apple makes an ad usually there is a little fuss about it, kind of like the recent nano ad (which is awesome by the way).

Anyhow, I logged into my myspace account this morning and the first thing I noticed in the upper right was an ad, an ad that moves rather quickly in fact, if you try to focus on everything that is shown on the screen you almost get dizzy, in the end you realize it is a MBP ad and there is a link directly to the apple website to learn more about it.

In the ad you see some of the following:

Apple logo

Intel core duo logo

Front Row

Garageband

And software from iLife 06

at the end it says;

Presenting the MacBook Pro

4x faster

The Fastest Mac Notebook Ever

*note* I am not sure if that is imovie or final cut they are using in the video it moves so quickly I can't tell.

It's nice to see Apple doing a few ads, and I am especially excited to see an ad that is not ipod/itunes related!

-Roy

Where's the link?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Yeah, links are always nice...

Unless you are some kind of myspace promo drone...

?!?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I would have linked to it if I could have, but it's a flash ad on the page, kind of like a banner, their ads are somewhat randomly generated when you log in, if I hit refresh enough times I can get it to come up again.

I just got home and checked it again, and wouldn't you know it, there is a banner ad for the MBP and the ad in the corner has changed to an iMac ad... crazy stuff, I have 2 ads on my myspace login page... shame I can't find a way to link them, I am sure someone is smart enough or can confirm.

-Roy

edit: here is a screenshot, 'tis the best I can do for now.

• Reply 4 of 6
    Yep, there's plenty of Mac ads on MySpace, I can confirm that.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by speed_the_collapse

Yep, there's plenty of Mac ads on MySpace, I can confirm that.

me too!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    I saw that too. Though I could've sworn that I saw some of the Pro apps that aren't universal binaries running on the screen of the MacBook Pro. I'll try and find it again.