2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member

Two words:

Nut.

Ball.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Well I'm guessing you guys are not going to like it when Apple releases the standard and pro versions of OS X.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnySmith

Well I'm guessing you guys are not going to like it when Apple releases the standard and pro versions of OS X.

Good thing it's not gonna happen.

The first, last and only time Apple did that was System 7 Pro.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I like the idea!

Oh yea, it's mine!
  • Reply 25 of 30
    No, that's two words. In order to be a sentence, there must be a verb.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    If anything, I'd have opted to get rid of the cat names. I like the name Tiger but even that has been tarnished by prats who go around calling their kids tiger. C'mon champ, tiger, sailor, I even got a 'captain' once when I was young.

The name OS X is the only moniker I don't feel stupid saying. I don't even like using Apple and Mac. I extremely dislike the name Macbook pro for this reason. Who the hell is Mac anyway? Shouldn't it be wozbook pro or Stevebook pro? No, that would be stupid

OS X running on a Powerbook makes me sound sophisticated.

Leopard running on a Macbook makes me sound stupid.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    b3njb3nj Posts: 70member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Marvin

OS X running on a Powerbook makes me sound sophisticated.

Leopard running on a Macbook makes me sound stupid.

I totally agree on this one... I really liked the name PowerBook..

It has style. And, like Marvin said, sounded sophisticated...

but heck.. apple had to fscked it up by changing it... Too bad it had to be part of the transition.

MacBook Pro is a logical solution for naming a product... But it's lame on many levels!!!

And I really can't see the point of changing the name of the OS into Leopard.

The product is called "Mac OS X, Version 10.4" and the "nick" is "Tiger".

Both names are used. If you go to the an Apple Store and ask for a copy of "Tiger", they will understand that you are asking for "Mac OS X 10.4".

The same goes for "Leopard" or "Mac OS X 10.5", and the others to come.

And changing the whole OS naming scheme into "Leopard" is stupid and unlogical.

(Edit: forgot to post the 2nd half, do'h!)
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

To which I would love to reply: "Leopard!"

To which they would say: "Cool, that looks so cool! I'm would love to get one of those. I'm sick of using Windows. I would love to use Leopard"

And they would go "Leopard? So who makes that, whats the history behind it?"

And you would go "Oh...well, it was actually called Mac OS X Leopard, but I was such a moany git that they had it changed"

• Reply 29 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by smclintock

And they would go "Leopard? So who makes that, whats the history behind it?"

And you would go "Oh...well, it was actually called Mac OS X Leopard, but I was such a moany git that they had it changed"

If you think your're a moany git I would suggest you try to relax in yourself.

But seriously don't live in the past.

Leopard sounds cool, deal with it!8)
  • Reply 30 of 30
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    "What is Leopard? Is it the new version of BeOS?"