Where are the Birthday Invitations ??

Comments

• Reply 61 of 89
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Just out of curiosity - Has anyone been in the conference room of the SoHo store in NY lately? 8)

why's that?
  • Reply 62 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by HammerIntoApple

I know if they don't introduce the MacBook soon, I'm going to end up blowing the money I've saved for it on a Windows laptop. MacBook Pros just seem far too big for someone like me that's looking to carry it around all the time.

I really want something either this week or next week tho. Apple fans deserve it!

If you've been saving money for an Apple laptop then wait around and buy one. Far too many people on these boards are holding out buying a new computer based on RUMOURS. I purchased my 17" iMac G5 on a Sunday ... the following Tuesday Apple introduced the Intel iMac, and before too long, they dropped the 17" G5 and priced the 20" G5 at $1,499. Did I get burned - eh, kinda, but I got my new machine, it works for what I need it to do and I saved $200 in the process that went to buying the iLife and iWork upgrades. If you need a new computer, then buy one. You can still get 12" PB and iBooks from the store. If you don't need one, then wait for the Intels to come out, what do you have to lose from this?
  • Reply 63 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by AgNuke1707

If you've been saving money for an Apple laptop then wait around and buy one. Far too many people on these boards are holding out buying a new computer based on RUMOURS. I purchased my 17" iMac G5 on a Sunday ... the following Tuesday Apple introduced the Intel iMac, and before too long, they dropped the 17" G5 and priced the 20" G5 at $1,499. Did I get burned - eh, kinda, but I got my new machine, it works for what I need it to do and I saved $200 in the process that went to buying the iLife and iWork upgrades. If you need a new computer, then buy one. You can still get 12" PB and iBooks from the store. If you don't need one, then wait for the Intels to come out, what do you have to lose from this?

dude, you know you could have returned it and gotten a new intel imac b/c they have a policy that gives you 2 weeks if they 've introduced a new project
  • Reply 64 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by icibaqu

dude, you know you could have returned it and gotten a new intel imac b/c they have a policy that gives you 2 weeks if they 've introduced a new project

Right, but they would have made me pay the $129 restocking fee since I had opened the box. Also, I'm 2 years out of a masters degree and all the programs I need and use run fine on the G5, so it's not like I lost anything by not going Intel now. I'll make the switch once I'm not so day-to-day dependent on my machine. I also do a lot of number crunching and mathematical computations for nuclear reactor design so I like having 64 bit support in certain applications for the extra accuracy.

I'm not saying going Intel is bad. I'm saying it's silly to hold out on a rumour. If you need the machine, you need the machine. Go buy it if you have the money. I personally don't see why the OP doesn't want to go with the MBP. Holding out to save some money and 1.7" (maybe) of screen space just wouldn't be worth it to me. If I had $2K, I'd drop it now on the MBP.
  • Reply 65 of 89
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

Steve is gonna need a new plane...

After all, it would not be prudent to continue traveling in a G5 while the company is transitioning to Intel...

;^p

LOL

• Reply 66 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by AgNuke1707

I'm not saying going Intel is bad. I'm saying it's silly to hold out on a rumour. If you need the machine, you need the machine. Go buy it if you have the money. I personally don't see why the OP doesn't want to go with the MBP. Holding out to save some money and 1.7" (maybe) of screen space just wouldn't be worth it to me. If I had $2K, I'd drop it now on the MBP.

i hear that, but it's much more likely that there would be significant changes to the ibook line than the latest and greatest imac. but i hear what yo're saying.
  • Reply 67 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

For those of you who want an iBook/MacBook, just buy an iBook now. Remember that a 13.3 inch laptop will be larger than a 12 inch laptop, a problem if you're concerned about size.

Not necessarily.
  • Reply 68 of 89
    peharripeharri Posts: 169member
    "Hi, I'm Steve Jobs. Have you ever been frustrated at your computer? Does it never do what you want? Do you spend hours on the phone trying to find out how to get simple things done? Does your computer crash all the time? Well, I'm here to tell you about a computer that's so much better than anything you've ever seen before. It never crashes. It's easy to use. And you can do what you want with it whenever you want..."

{...}

"...so you can use a Mac to import movies from your camera, edit them, and burn them to a DVD. How much would you pay for a computer that can do all that? And remember, that's not all it can do: it can edit movies, manage your music collection, and print your photographs. But, wait, there's more..."

{...}

"But don't take our word for it, take a listen to these genuine testomials."

"I was trying to save my document, and it was, like, beep beep beep, and it was all gone. But then I got a Mac and it never lost my documents. Thanks Apple Macintosh!"

{...}

"But wait. If you call to order within 15 minutes of this infomercial, we'll throw in this iPod leather case, worth $99, absolutely free!"

(And finally, we realise the truth. The iPod Leather Case isn't there to sell, it's because Apple needs an "expensive" free gift to include when it starts on the infomercials. Now we know.)
  • Reply 69 of 89
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Quote:

Originally posted by peharri

"Hi, I'm Steve Jobs. Have you ever been frustrated at your computer? Does it never do what you want? Do you spend hours on the phone trying to find out how to get simple things done? Does your computer crash all the time? Well, I'm here to tell you about a computer that's so much better than anything you've ever seen before. It never crashes. It's easy to use. And you can do what you want with it whenever you want..."

{...}

"...so you can use a Mac to import movies from your camera, edit them, and burn them to a DVD. How much would you pay for a computer that can do all that? And remember, that's not all it can do: it can edit movies, manage your music collection, and print your photographs. But, wait, there's more..."

{...}

"But don't take our word for it, take a listen to these genuine testomials."

"I was trying to save my document, and it was, like, beep beep beep, and it was all gone. But then I got a Mac and it never lost my documents. Thanks Apple Macintosh!"

{...}

"But wait. If you call to order within 15 minutes of this infomercial, we'll throw in this iPod leather case, worth $99, absolutely free!"

(And finally, we realise the truth. The iPod Leather Case isn't there to sell, it's because Apple needs an "expensive" free gift to include when it starts on the infomercials. Now we know.)

Hahahaha..

Steve the Salesman, that's just so corny.. But the odd thing is, there's a hint of possibility.

Jimzip
  • Reply 70 of 89
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Maybe these invitations will come today ?
  • Reply 71 of 89
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Maybe these invitations will come today ?

My guess is mid to late next week, for the following tuesday! (4th)

"Come visit us for our 30th birthday celebrations!"
  • Reply 72 of 89
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

My guess is mid to late next week, for the following tuesday! (4th)

"Come visit us for our 30th birthday celebrations!"

No. If Apple celebrates its 30th birthday it will be on the 1st, matching the day they were incorporated. The 4th will be to late. Besides birthdays need parties and Saturday is a better party day than Tuesday.

The problem is that parties need advance notice. That means that next week Apple should be announcing the parties and any products that they will be releasing. But where is the heads-up to the press? The press is needed to get the word out. This makes me wonder if something is wrong. Maybe the 30th anniversary device/software is movie related and Apple has failed to come to terms with the movie studios. Or maybe something else is wrong, like the device is no good.
  • Reply 73 of 89
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    there will be no new products on april 1st.

there will be an announcement that the pro apps are shipping as universal binaries.

and an anniversary sale at the apple stores. 10% off and surprise goody bags.

that's it.
  • Reply 74 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

there will be an announcement that the pro apps are shipping as universal binaries.

that's it.

Funny!

But seriously I agree with "aresee" in that I would love it to be on the the 1st!

But I still believe it will be on the 4th!
  • Reply 75 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

that's it.

I concur.
  • Reply 76 of 89
    We'll wait see, we're all guessing at this point!
  • Reply 77 of 89
    All I want for Apple's Birthday is a 17 inch MacBook Pro....please
  • Reply 78 of 89
    how about its JUST 30% off on the online store THAT MORNING!

and im in line for a new imac and i'll miss it!
  • Reply 79 of 89
    if it was a 30% discount i would be pissed...i JUST bought my new imac 2 weeks ago.
  • Reply 80 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by StuffNJunk

All I want for Apple's Birthday is a 17 inch MacBook Pro....please

Isn't it traditional to recieve presents on your birthday, not think about what you can get as Apple reaches 30

Me, I'm wrapping up a little bonsai orchard to send to Cupertino.