Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 115
    kmankman Posts: 3member
    I ordered a 1.8Ghz later bumped up to 2.0Ghz from Macmall on 8 Feb. I ordered with the 7200rmp HD. Originally they told me 28 Feb ship date, then 3 March, then 10 March, then 16 March - oh wait that is today. My account exec won't respond to my emails now. I'm pretty dissapointed with Macmall. I'm interested to see if your 17 March ship date holds up!

has anyone else noticed problems with delays in shipping because they upgraed the hard drive?

Quote:

Originally posted by code mechanic

what's going on with Macmall??

I ordered a 1.8 on Jan 18, with ship date of Feb 21

Then it got bumped to Mar 3 after the 2.0 change.

Now it is delayed until Mar 17??

is anyone else using MacMall?

• Reply 102 of 115
    blackcatblackcat Posts: 697member
    BTO always slows shipping, which is why I had a stock model despite liking the idea of a 7200rpm HDD.
  • Reply 103 of 115
    ceddcedd Posts: 13member
    Yesterday the delivery time dipped to an all-time low of 7 - 10 days (on the UK site at least) but is now back up to 2 - 3 weeks Either their system is screwy, they got a whole load of new orders in or there is a problem with availabilty of parts???
  • Reply 104 of 115
    kmankman Posts: 3member
    update: My BTO MacBook Pro shipped Friday - should be here Tuesday now.

Quote:

Originally posted by kman

I ordered a 1.8Ghz later bumped up to 2.0Ghz from Macmall on 8 Feb. I ordered with the 7200rmp HD. Originally they told me 28 Feb ship date, then 3 March, then 10 March, then 16 March - oh wait that is today. My account exec won't respond to my emails now. I'm pretty dissapointed with Macmall. I'm interested to see if your 17 March ship date holds up!

has anyone else noticed problems with delays in shipping because they upgraed the hard drive?

• Reply 105 of 115
    Ordered and paid on the 9th of March. Estimated delivery date 11th of April. However; I called Sales and they told me that they actually expect it to ship onn the 25th of March. This would mean that I would receive it before the end of the month.

Mine is a 2.16, 7200rpm. So yes; Mine IS bigger than yours! (although I don't feel the need to compensate anything)
  • Reply 106 of 115
    So I am little bit ticked providing that I am right. Ordered on Feb28 with shipping on March 27. Today they took out the mulah out of my account finally and no shipping info yet. What I am afraid of is that they took it out today which is Friday and won't ship it till it is Monday.

P.S.: Somebody should make such product releases illegal because it should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment to make people wait.
  • Reply 107 of 115
    Just arrived today (holy shit this thing is beautiful).
  • Reply 108 of 115
    it should be duly noted that shipping time has dipped to 2-5 days which is good. Does anyone when apple charges the money to ccs does it ship it the same day?
  • Reply 109 of 115
    Ok, it seems like i was on crack yesterday thinking that it was Friday. Friday is today and the shipping information was received by FedEx on Friday 12:54AM. The package will probably get here next Thursday.
  • Reply 110 of 115
    Ordered 9th March and just got the shipping confirmation in. Should be with me on or before 30th March. Seeing as how The Netherlands is not the end of the world, I think it'll be Wednesday. Happyhappyjoyjoy.
  • Reply 111 of 115
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Walked into tekserve in NYC on Wed 22nd.

Bought my MBP 2.16ghz 120b hdd 2gig ram and walked out within the hour.

They rock

tekserve.com

The place is an old school mac shop.

...and cocacola is onlt $0.10 in glass bottles from an old vending machine!!

• Reply 112 of 115
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Walked into tekserve in NYC on Wed 22nd.

Bought my MBP 2.16ghz 120b hdd 2gig ram and walked out within the hour.

They rock

tekserve.com

The place is an old school mac shop.

...and cocacola is onlt $0.10 in glass bottles from an old vending machine!!

Dammit, that's almost worth the 4 hour drive to NYC from central PA! Too bad, I already bought mine.
  • Reply 113 of 115
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Shipping time is now down to "1-2 days" on the US store.
  • Reply 114 of 115
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    I ordered mine on the 15/3 with an ETA on the 11/4. Now, since Apple has changed from 2-3 weeks when I ordered to 5-7 days, should I expect my MBP to ship early ?
  • Reply 115 of 115
    Yes.

I Ordered on 22/3

Estimated Shipping date was 24/4

Shipped 29/3

I only added the 100gb/7200rpm drive to it.