Spring Bash: What do you expect?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 58
    itsmeitsme Posts: 15member
    when will apple send out the invitations? should be anytime soon, right?
  • Reply 22 of 58
    Usually they send them out about a week (or a little more) in advance... hopefully it's soon!
  • Reply 23 of 58
    dbug7dbug7 Posts: 11member
    i expect huge discount on cinema display ;D
  • Reply 24 of 58
    First I expect the blurry pictures of the "products" a week or so before the bash. Why is it that they only come out after the announcement of the event is made?

The major product for Apple will, I think, be the replacement of the iBook. Unlike the MBP the MB will be a new design, letting J Ive flex his imagination a bit and it will be impressive. For those in the market, buy fast as there will be a huge backorder very quickly.

I also think that they full video iPod has a chance IF Apple is able to work out enough agreements with the studios to get the downloads started.

And one more thing. For the 30th it should be something that S Jobs really likes.

But first the blurry pictures . . .
  • Reply 25 of 58
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

Is there any way to have a multiple answer poll show percentages on a per-respondant/item basis?

I have done the math for the 72 votes so far:

26% --17" MBP

76% -- iBook replacement

18% -- 30th anniversary Mac

19% -- tablet or mini-notebook

42% -- movie download service

8% -- mini tower

31% -- video device

28% -- iPod 6G

3% -- spreadsheet

8% -- other software

7% -- nothing

Interesting... more people expect a movie download service than a video device or an iPod 6G (with a presumably larger screen)?
  • Reply 26 of 58
    I think it's pretty clear that we'll see the new iBook, which makes me happy because it's well past time to replace mine...

I have serious doubts about the introduction of a mid level desktop, but assuming Steve throws us for a loop, does anybody expect a monitor solution from apple?

Could we see SD models in iPod white? I'd buy something like that... Or possibly a 17" HD at a lower price point?
  • Reply 27 of 58
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Lets start the countdown

15 days to NOTHING!
  • Reply 28 of 58
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zherocharisma

...assuming Steve throws us for a loop, does anybody expect a monitor solution from apple?

Could we see SD models in iPod white? I'd buy something like that... Or possibly a 17" HD at a lower price point?

You mean new Cinema Displays? No, I don't think we'll see below 20" again--there's simply too much competition and not enough Apple market share for them to justify selling a 17" (HD or not) LCD. The most I think one could hope for would be a cut in CD prices, but I'm not sure that would happen at an event unless there were something to go with them (which I doubt).
  • Reply 29 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

Powermacs at wwdc in August. That is the conventional wisdom.

Apple has been going against the conventional wisdom for just short of 30 years now. You think they will change?

I'm just kidding. Your right, MacPro at WWDC...
  • Reply 30 of 58
    ibuzzibuzz Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Lets start the countdown

15 days to NOTHING!

Try to hold back your enthusiasm
  • Reply 31 of 58
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibuzz

Try to hold back your enthusiasm

Look, every forum needs different characters.

There need to be someone with great enthusiasm to spark up the debate and imagination, someone with technical insight to put have a facts based insight into the future, someone with claimed access to inside knowledge to add a hint of mystery.

My role is to tell the truth
  • Reply 32 of 58
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Look, every forum needs different characters.

There need to be someone with great enthusiasm to spark up the debate and imagination, someone with technical insight to put have a facts based insight into the future, someone with claimed access to inside knowledge to add a hint of mystery.

My role is to tell the truth

and what is truth?
  • Reply 33 of 58
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    that the dude that does the keynotes is going to be traveling to india the week after the april 1st "birthday" and that nothing has even been peeped about for the week before.

so....
  • Reply 34 of 58
    His Steveness did say "See you real soon" and he also mentioned the 30th birthday and that he might not see people before then and that he didn't know what they were going to do about turning 30.

That is more than a peep.

Out of 156 people who have voted on this poll so far, only 8 have voted for Nothing, which was not actually in the original selection but was added by a mystery person. It did make a fairer poll, but only served to highlight the very low number of people who made that choice, so there are lots of people out there who believe in Santa Claus.

This is Apple, however, so nobody really knows. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Ain't no harm done in hoping!
  • Reply 35 of 58
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    that's cool. but they must be doing a freaking fantastic job of plugging holes? b/c this site has stock stuff and other companies annoucing movie download service and thinksecret (boohiss) has some b.s. about moving slower selling software off of shelves. that's weak for both rumor sites or iron clad for apple.

also, there have been delivery issues/product lag with both the mac mini and macbook pro. i'm guessing that in some ways that could also translate to part availability for any refitted ibook or other mystery product.

so apple may want to avoid having another event where they annouce something that isn't actually available at that exact moment. so in that sense, it might be better to delay. alot has changed since he said "i don't know if we'll see you before then" or whatever.
  • Reply 36 of 58
    I think it's been delayed because Jobs is going to India.

I also think they are waiting to see what happens with the Apple Corps lawsuit. Mabye they will settle and we will see Beatles songs on iTunes? In more lawsuit fun, we won't see the video iPod until they figure out Burst, let alone convince the studios to support it.

Considering they need to get the new ibook out soon, I can't imagine the delay will be too long. Mabye the middle of the month? The launch of the Celeron Yonahs is around that time, so that makes sense.
  • Reply 37 of 58
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    unless we see something by tuesday...

Nothing for the 30th anniversary.

Steve, I think you missed a golden opportunity here....

My $.02
  • Reply 38 of 58
    Does anybody remember what they did for the 20th birthday?
  • Reply 39 of 58
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BenRoethig

My heart wants a minitower. My brain says portables.

that would be sexy.

i'd buy that.

i think its gonna be an Intel iBook/Mac Book/ or whatever they are gonna be called.
  • Reply 40 of 58
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibuzz

Does anybody remember what they did for the 20th birthday?

you've never seen the 20th anniversary Mac?

images

check it out!