Apple plans 17-inch MacBook Pro by June

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 96
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I hate to proffer this but I am going to nonetheless...

17-inch MacBook Pro on Tuesday?

Along with (of course) Universal Binaries of Apple's pro applications.

Are you talking about THIS Tuesday?
  • Reply 82 of 96
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Yes.
  • Reply 83 of 96
    mr. dirkmr. dirk Posts: 187member
    Quote:

Yes.

I'd really like to believe.

But unless Apple can better supply 15-inch MacBook Pros, they probably won't be able to release a 17" MBP (as they would probably use similar components).
  • Reply 84 of 96
    Quote:

Yes.

Why this Tuesday?

I would think that, if it were ready soon, that they would intro it during the announcement they will have at the end of the month.
  • Reply 85 of 96
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Why this Tuesday?

I would think that, if it were ready soon, that they would intro it during the announcement they will have at the end of the month.

Just a hunch/thought. I don't think it's as big of a product as a redesigned iBook and iPod are...and can be couched in the "see, here are your universal binary Pro apps in March like we promised."
  • Reply 86 of 96
    Quote:

Just a hunch/thought. I don't think it's as big of a product as a redesigned iBook and iPod are...and can be couched in the "see, here are your universal binary Pro apps in March like we promised."

Well, seeing as it's Tuesday now, we have but a few hours to see if you are correct. Actually, I would prefer it if you were. Apple should get these products out the door as fast as they can, as long as they are finalized and QC'd.

It's the cpu shortage, if it still exists, that has me doubting.
  • Reply 87 of 96
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    Can't see the release myself until the next event.
  • Reply 88 of 96
    Yes, it is Tuesday. There's a slim liklihood of it happening...just trying to figure out Apple and some of the out of the blue stuff they come up with sometimes.
  • Reply 89 of 96
    lol,

here's hoping for this Tuesday!

Perfect timing for the release of the new universal apps of Final Cut Pro, etc.
  • Reply 90 of 96
    Oh, and by the way, here's hoping they don't whine like their 15.4-inch counterparts!
  • Reply 91 of 96
    It's almost the end of the month, and Apple has said nothing. It seems that those analysts who said that Apple likely wouldn't have an event to intro new products might be right.

If they were going to do something like that, they should have announced it by now.
  • Reply 92 of 96
    Regardless of whether or not Apple releases the 17-inch MBP this month, this Tuesday is the last Tuesday in March ? a month Apple said they would have available universal binaries of their pro applications.
  • Reply 93 of 96
    antianti Posts: 4member
    would really hope for a 17" that comes with 1GB ram hard-wired and 2 free dimm slots (or three slots...), for having a total max of 3GB ram - would not like to buy a new machine already having its memory at maximum.

Nobody really is using a desktop replacement with less than a gig and since we will pay professional money, professional capabilities would be nice too.
  • Reply 94 of 96
    Keeping my fingers crossed...hoping for the release of the 17 inch MacBook Pro along with the universal binaries of Apple's Pro Apps
  • Reply 95 of 96
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Since the 17" PowerBook is already 1" thin (right?!), I'd expect that the switch to MacBook Pro will be less as far as the design goes. Then again, perhaps this will finally be the time that the HD laptop is introduced, ie MacBook Pro HD.

Personally I wouldn't want a 17" luggable unless I didn't plan to take it many places. If all you did was tote it around the house or to the car its not so bad, but place trip or commuting with it in a shoulder bag... forget about it!
  • Reply 96 of 96
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

... this Tuesday is the last Tuesday in March ? a month Apple said they would have available universal binaries of their pro applications.

Those apps will be ready by around the 53rd of March.