Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007....Go Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
BetaNews announced that windows vista is being delayed until 2007!!!!!

It might never come....

By then leopard will be out and about!!!!!!!

WIndows Zombies.....switch now!!!!!!!

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...007/1142981344

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    its so they have time to copy the stuff thats going to be shown at WWDC 2006!!

(cos remember thats been moved to august this year)

stu
  • Reply 2 of 29
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hkbaq

BetaNews announced that windows vista is being delayed until 2007!!!!!

It might never come....

By then leopard will be out and about!!!!!!!

http://www.betanews.com/article/Micr...007/1142981344

Apple is better pure and simple, if your don't use QS X your obviously not into cool, exciting and easy to use stuff. Or maybe your a little dull.

But that's your preference. Me, I'll stick using Apple.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    hkbaqhkbaq Posts: 58member
    i just read something in reuters that says that only the consumer version will be delayed...the corporate version will ship by november....the consumer will ship after the holidya shopping season....

many manufacurers will be pissed with this....who would want to buy a computer when it's going to be obsolete in a month....that's just my thoughts

http://today.reuters.com/investing/F...SOFT-VISTA.xml
  • Reply 4 of 29
    brendonbrendon Posts: 642member
    Gee I wonder which hacker will garner the prize for first to crack Vista, or has it already been cracked/hacked, the beta version that is, which I guess does not count. Sure is good to know that Vista will have very limited time on market without a virus, since I'm using a Mac
  • Reply 5 of 29
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Vista is likely to goto market with viruses included.

• Reply 6 of 29
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Prolly oughta merge this with the other "Vista delayed" thread in General Discussion.
  • Reply 7 of 29
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Prolly oughta merge this with the other "Vista delayed" thread in General Discussion.

I think this is more of a "Vista Delayed... Again!" thread, although this wasn't the second delay either.

This delay will have the biggest impact as MS and many PC Manufacturers will miss the holiday season, however now that they've bit the bullet any additional delays won't be as bad.

Did anyone really expect them to hit their 2006 target?
  • Reply 8 of 29
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    i read that saying the corporate version is going to be ready by the end of the year is basically pointless b/c those corporate clients wouldn't have budgeted for such a purchase in 2006, so would be getting it sometime in 07 or 08 anyway.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icibaqu

i read that saying the corporate version is going to be ready by the end of the year is basically pointless b/c those corporate clients wouldn't have budgeted for such a purchase in 2006, so would be getting it sometime in 07 or 08 anyway.

Another point not to be forgotten is that corporate IT do not put fresh versions of Windows on line. They tend to lag one or two versions behind. For corporate IT, having access to the first release of Windows Vista will be more like developers of consumer-level software having access to a late beta. Microsoft may claim that corporate customers will have Vista in December, but you will not see it doing anything more than test runs.
  • Reply 10 of 29
    trobertstroberts Posts: 702member
    I think businesses getting Vista in November and consumers getting it in January is really a two-pronged media attack. First businesses will get Vista and there will be the usual reporting (Vista goes live, well known business implementing OS, Pros/Cons, etc), then the consumers will get a special event that will highlight all the things Vista can do for them. This will take place after MWSF2007 so they can figure out the best way to show how theirs is "better" than the competition's.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    The Windows delay just gets me more excited about Leopard! WWDC is too far away!
  • Reply 12 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

The Windows delay just gets me more excited about Leopard! WWDC is too far away!

Dido!

I don't think you should be worried about vista, (the more I say vista, the more it sounds like a medicine), I think Microsoft are more worried about Leopard, the you are about vista! Oh by the way mark my words, consumer vista wont be available before March.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    it will be pretty sweet.

Apple will release leopard and then AFTER mwsf windows will release Vita.

Then wwdc in June, Steve spanks vista about the face and head.

Along with a kick ass assortment of REALLY fast, cool products.

aapl $59.96 is gonna look like a bargain in 12 months.

ps; I am an apple shareholder!!

• Reply 14 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by TednDi

it will be pretty sweet.

Apple will release leopard and then AFTER mwsf windows will release Vita.

Then wwdc in June, Steve spanks vista about the face and head.

Along with a kick ass assortment of REALLY fast, cool products.

aapl $59.96 is gonna look like a bargain in 12 months.

ps; I am an apple shareholder!!

Me too! I bought more of this platinum yesterday!
  • Reply 15 of 29
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Hasta la vista, Vista.
  • Reply 16 of 29
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Read this blog entry. If true, Vista will be delayed long past the New Year. Quite frankly, it is beginning to look like Vista will never be released.
  • Reply 17 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

Read this blog entry. If true, Vista will be delayed long past the New Year. Quite frankly, it is beginning to look like Vista will never be released.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Mr Me!

p.s. do you know Mister Happy!
  • Reply 18 of 29
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hkbaq

Please, you better don't. I hate Zombies,

they bite and stink horribly.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

Get ready for Windows XP Second Edition or Windows XP 2007 with minor eye-candy to justify the shiny new boxes.

My bobblehead of an IT director is in a veritable funk.

Good times.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    My bet is that its delayed because MS wants to be able to get a working version of Leopard to see what else it can copy before it releases Vista... or maybe take out stuff that will make too much like OSX..(which it already does..) oh well, let them have their cake. 8)