o.k. I'm pissed.......my apple computer is NOT A TOY!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
O.K. so this is a bit of a rant, but I must get it off my chest!

It's high time people realized how much better Apple computers are than Windows P.C's

I mean they're much, much, much, much safer! Easier to use! And more powerful! You can do more things, more quickly, and have fun doing them!

It's so annoying when poeple don't see what there missing, and go along with there crappy boring comuters that keep on breaking down!

My sister said to me the other day when I showed her something cool on my iMac, "yea but It's just really a gadget though isn't it".

This made me so angry and frustrated! Apple is soooo, soooooooo far ahead of the competition that when you show someone something cool they think your computer is a gadget!

They're so used to using a computer that bores the hell out of them, that when a computer comes along with some fun features they automatically think it's not a REAL computer. They assume wrongly that computers have to be boring, and if they are not boring then surely it must be a toy. Without actually using or testing the cumputer, they judge. Why?? Because they are so sick of computers they don't want to test any, or try one!

Apple really needs to address this problem, it's not going away! People are so ignorant of apple and OS X they don't know any better. Apple really needs to advertise there computers more in Europe. With over 4,000,000 people living here in Ireland. I have never seen a Mac Ad on t.v. here! I have seen iPod ads, but not one Mac ad, not even one! It's a disgrace. Ireland has one of the fastest growing economies in the world, yet no Mac ads. Apple seriously needs to address this issue!

The best computers in the world! They should be all over the place!

Apple needs to start showing peolpe what they have to offer. They must start showing off thier goods, it's the only way!

A friend of mine in the U.K. said the ad thing is as bad there! (60 million people live in the U.K.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Apple really needs to advertise there computers more in Europe.

Apple believes in grassroots, word-of-mouth advertising. Get thine soapbox to the nearest PC forum and start a' preachin', Apple brother! 8)
  • Reply 2 of 20
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Well saided! Bravo!

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Preaching to the choir my friend.

Apple is riding the iPod wave at the moment. Hopefully Leopard will have great new features that they can push while not giving Windows any time to copy them and put them in vista. Then they need to actually market the features instead of making commercials with bunnymen in labs and dancing silhouettes. I love Apple's commercials, but to the average computer user they are left with a big "WTF?" on their forehead after what they just saw... and it certainly won't make them go out and buy a mac. Basically cram the great parts of a Steve Jobs Macworld conference into 30 seconds. Who besides Mac users and programmers are actually going to watch the key notes where all the new features are actually shown?
  • Reply 4 of 20
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

It's high time people realized how much better Apple computers are than Windows P.C's

I mean they're much, much, much, much safer! Easier to use! And more powerful! You can do more things, more quickly, and have fun doing them!

It's so annoying when poeple don't see what there missing, and go along with there crappy boring comuters that keep on breaking down!

My sister said to me the other day when I showed her something cool on my iMac, "yea but It's just really a gadget though isn't it".

This made me so angry and frustrated! Apple is soooo, soooooooo far ahead of the competition that when you show someone something cool they think your computer is a gadget!

They're so used to using a computer that bores the hell out of them, that when a computer comes along with some fun features they automatically think it's not a REAL computer. They assume wrongly that computers have to be boring, and if they are not boring then surely it must be a toy. Without actually using or testing the cumputer, they judge. Why?? Because they are so sick of computers they don't want to test any, or try one!

Apple really needs to address this problem, it's not going away! People are so ignorant of apple and OS X they don't know any better. Apple really needs to advertise there computers more in Europe. With over 4,000,000 people living here in Ireland. I have never seen a Mac Ad on t.v. here! I have seen iPod ads, but not one Mac ad, not even one! It's a disgrace. Ireland has one of the fastest growing economies in the world, yet no Mac ads. Apple seriously needs to address this issue!

The best computers in the world! They should be all over the place!

Apple needs to start showing peolpe what they have to offer. They must start showing off thier goods, it's the only way!

A friend of mine in the U.K. said the ad thing is as bad there! (60 million people live in the U.K.)

Imagine in Latin America..! If you talk about a Mac people think: big mac..make it a double size with fries

• Reply 5 of 20
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnySmith

Preaching to the choir my friend.

Apple is riding the iPod wave at the moment. Hopefully Leopard will have great new features that they can push while not giving Windows any time to copy them and put them in vista. Then they need to actually market the features instead of making commercials with bunnymen in labs and dancing silhouettes. I love Apple's commercials, but to the average computer user they are left with a big "WTF?" on their forehead after what they just saw... and it certainly won't make them go out and buy a mac. Basically cram the great parts of a Steve Jobs Macworld conference into 30 seconds. Who besides Mac users and programmers are actually going to watch the key notes where all the new features are actually shown?

True...

but still...

mo'publicity...

• Reply 6 of 20
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Ireland, Zenga, and Aries 1B: You guys make my day.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    For some reason there's still this underlying thought that computing, in itself, is inherently complicated. Therefore, any "real" computer must have some degree of difficulty built in. No wonder a lot of people don't take Macs seriously. It's computing without all the hassle. It just works. How could that be a "real" computer?

It's unfortunate.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

For some reason there's still this underlying thought that computing, in itself, is inherently complicated. Therefore, any "real" computer must have some degree of difficulty built in. No wonder a lot of people don't take Macs seriously. It's computing without all the hassle. It just works. How could that be a "real" computer?

It's unfortunate.

Amen.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

80 million in germany, and guess what: no ad

Well until recently at least.

Since a couple of weeks, they put the intel/apple/iMac ad on TV.

But frankly the ad sucks a bit, it appears to be very artsy

and won't woo the masses, by no means. I doubt pretty much

they intented to do so in the first place. Apple remains

the same ol' boutique computer. If you know what i mean.

cheers
  • Reply 10 of 20
    lol i just showed my friend the "fun" side of the iMac...I'm betting 20$ next week he will have one. He was amazed that i just downloaded the movie...and then could watch it w/o buffering I just kept it to myself that he could do that on windows...but then i showed him front row (and the nice little remote) n he was like "damn...i want wanna of these" He already knows the "work" side of it, and loves how productive it is.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

It's unfortunate.

That is exactly why some of the long term windows users

who switched to the Macintosh have some (odd) problems

with Mac OS X. Long term windows users almost always

try to gain something the most difficult way one can

imagine. If they sit in front of a Mac they try the same.

They almost always think, the very next moment they

do break something in the system. Sad.

It takes a while they get used to the freedom.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

It's unfortunate.

You're not using your mac enough... there are definitely some things that just don't work... Still better than PC, but not where it should be.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow Slayer 26

lol i just showed my friend the "fun" side of the iMac...I'm betting 20$ next week he will have one. He was amazed that i just downloaded the movie...and then could watch it w/o buffering I just kept it to myself that he could do that on windows...but then i showed him front row (and the nice little remote) n he was like "damn...i want wanna of these" He already knows the "work" side of it, and loves how productive it is.

Another person actually woke up, great!

Tell him if he gets it that Ireland said good luck with it!
  • Reply 14 of 20
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

You're not using your mac enough... there are definitely some things that just don't work... Still better than PC, but not where it should be.

Oh, I'm not saying that EVERYTHING is a breeze on a Mac, but even the difficulties I've had have been much more tolerable on a Mac than they would've been on a PC.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Oh, I'm not saying that EVERYTHING is a breeze on a Mac, but even the difficulties I've had have been much more tolerable on a Mac than they would've been on a PC.

I couldn't have said it better - so I won't - but I will say I totally agree, and I personally haven't found anything thus far that 'wasn't' a breeze - yet 8)! Well, OK, there is Applescript, but I'm confident that and Xcoder will come in time ! If and when I ever get the least bit frustrated with "Genie," my iBook, all I have to do is give a quick look at my Windows XP Pro desktop and poof - frustration is history !
  • Reply 16 of 20
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Oddly enough, the only things that dont work (this is also true in linux) is Microsoft tools like windows media player...yea...they dont abuse the monopoly position they have...and monkeys fly out my ass too...

ALSO...Please dont preach to me about he QT WMV plugin MS is now giving away, it is more broken than the Windows MP app on osx...and that was broken
  • Reply 17 of 20
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    ireland, kiddo, welcome to the fray. us "old-timers" have been putting up with this for DECADES. you eventually build up a tough skin to it and come to terms with the fact that, if people insist upon doing things the hard way, they're never gonna learn unless they figure it out for themselves. all i ever do is fantastic cool things and never have any down time, and hope that some of the nay-sayers eventually take note of my example.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Oddly enough, the only things that dont work (this is also true in linux) is Microsoft tools like windows media player...yea...they dont abuse the monopoly position they have...and monkeys fly out my ass too...

ALSO...Please dont preach to me about he QT WMV plugin MS is now giving away, it is more broken than the Windows MP app on osx...and that was broken

I'm not preaching anything. Microsoft has sucked, currently sucks, and will continue to suck. I expect that from them. But the Fact is there are bugs and glitches in Mac OS X that occur even on machines with nothing but Apple Software installed on it. These glitches should not be there and have yet to be fixed with updates since the release of Tiger. I have two macs and they occur on both of them.

There is no point in being so blindly loyal to a company that you ignore their own flaws and blame it on a competitor. I have invested more than enough money into Apple over the past decade that I should have a right to call them on problems with their software and hardware.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    I am also annoyed about the lack of advertisement. The one mac advert i ever saw was some silly one about macs having intel chips in them. Just a few guys smiling about the new chips. Well yeah, the intel chips are great but people need to be told what macs can actually do. Im on the verge of buying one at the moment but i had to find out about them through word of mouth and the internet. People need to be told that there is an alternative to pcs- that they dont need to put up with the boringness of computing. There are only 3 official mac shops in all of England i believe. Luckily one of them is near where i live but how is every other annoyed pc user going to actually use a mac and try it out for themselves.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gaiduku

I am also annoyed about the lack of advertisement. The one mac advert i ever saw was some silly one about macs having intel chips in them. Just a few guys smiling about the new chips. Well yeah, the intel chips are great but people need to be told what macs can actually do. Im on the verge of buying one at the moment but i had to find out about them through word of mouth and the internet. People need to be told that there is an alternative to pcs- that they dont need to put up with the boringness of computing. There are only 3 official mac shops in all of England i believe. Luckily one of them is near where i live but how is every other annoyed pc user going to actually use a mac and try it out for themselves.

Exactly "people need to be told what macs can actually do"!

Right on my brother!

In england though you are more lucky then we are over here. We've no stores!