From Apple II to iPod--Apple turns 30

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Just to add to the warm fuzziness, I found this clip. Not sure if it's official, but I do love Steve's recital of Bob Dylan at the beginning.

Happy 30th, Anniversary, Apple Computer.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

Just to add to the warm fuzziness, I found this clip. Not sure if it's official, but I do love Steve's recital of Bob Dylan at the beginning.

very nice!

• Reply 3 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Cool! I would have liked to see the MacBook and the intel transition though!
  • Reply 4 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    AARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH.

I can´t believe it. That is NOTHING more that a collection of the "whirling products on white background" commercials together with two tracks. The pathetic attempt to make Bono lip synch to the music just makes everything even worse.

Do you really have to sign off all kinds of taste when opening iMovie for the first time?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Can anyone tell me why a Mountain View boy like Steve Jobs has all the Midwestern vowel fudgings? His "again" and "pen" are not Californian. Sometimes during Keynotes he sounds mildly NY, even.

--B
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Anders, you old stick in the mud, I oughta pinch your bum.

Hope people make more of these in the days to follow... perhaps more fun ones.

bergz: I found that funny too. I love it when he says "room." It's an interesting thought though. If he's natively Midwestern, I'd be tickled pink; I'm an Ohio girl.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Nice. I especially like the dancing iMac G4. I had one of those ... only problem is if you make it dance too much the neck wears out and you have to replace it. It's also hurts when it steps on your toes...
  • Reply 8 of 14
    kiwimackiwimac Posts: 80member
    Is there any where I can download it??
  • Reply 9 of 14
    It? Do you mean the video clip? Not sure. \
  • Reply 10 of 14
    kiwimackiwimac Posts: 80member
    Quote:

It? Do you mean the video clip? Not sure. \

Yeah I mean the video clip, sorry from the confusion
  • Reply 11 of 14
    There is a great history vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfR6...%20anniversary

If it ain't real, it's Memorex. This is well put-together except for the VW ad showing the writig...
  • Reply 12 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

There is a great history vid here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfR6...%20anniversary

If it ain't real, it's Memorex. This is well put-together except for the VW ad showing the writig...

Hmm I think I have seen this before. Oh yes now I remember. it was GODDAM SECOND POST IN THIS VERY THREAD.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Is anybody else spending Apple's birthday watching some of their clips on Youtube?

It's great fun... be warned however, that the expectation for a product release rises with each one you watch...
  • Reply 14 of 14
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Hmm I think I have seen this before. Oh yes now I remember. it was GODDAM SECOND POST IN THIS VERY THREAD.

My sincerest apologies for that... it was rather late (early?) here... but the writing at the bottom of the VW clip had not been mentioned... All in all, I liked the vid and would love to see more vids like it. MOst importantly, wanna see the reall vid by Apple (that I am sure is real because I saw it in an elevator).

Anyway, stayed up all night until 12:00 noon (aka 11:00 in California) to see if anything would magically appear on Apple's site, only to be disapointed and left groggy today for little reason.