Final Cut 3 on MacBook

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I finally got around to transferring my old copy of Final Cut 3 onto my macbook, and much to my suprise, the program will not open, the error text box reads: "Configuratin Error, this software requires certian hardware or software which is missing: AGP graphics card"... now I am sure that if Final Cut worked on my G3's graphics card then it should run with the ATI Radeon X1600... I knew I would have problems with it not being universal binary, but I atleast thought that I would be able to open the program. Any suggestions, or should I wait until they release FC6 or an updated FC5?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mmorrissette

So I finally got around to transferring my old copy of Final Cut 3 onto my macbook, and much to my suprise, the program will not open, the error text box reads: "Configuratin Error, this software requires certian hardware or software which is missing: AGP graphics card"... now I am sure that if Final Cut worked on my G3's graphics card then it should run with the ATI Radeon X1600... I knew I would have problems with it not being universal binary, but I atleast thought that I would be able to open the program. Any suggestions, or should I wait until they release FC6 or an updated FC5?

NAB will be here really soon. I would wait.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I think it's because on your old G3 you used AGP to run your graphics card, and the MacBook uses PCI-Express, something entirely different than AGP.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Yeah, I got it on my MBP too.

We will have to wait for the update to use it on our machines.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    A lot of the time this error is fixed by editing a config file. Final Cut has stupidly been set up to not run if it doesn't match the file.

Control-Click on the Final Cut Pro application and select show package contents.

Open the contents folder and open info.plist.

Search for AGP replace it with PCI.

Save and close the file.

Open FCP4, and voila it works.

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/feedback/..._old_macs.html

It might work for you. You can also look here:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=61509