Asus W7V= Preview of MacBook or Lower end MBP???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

"In addition to the world of Core Duos they already dropped at CES this year, ASUS just revealed their W7V laptop. This 4.2-pound, 1.45-inch thick lappie packs in a battery-friendly 13.3-inch "Color Shine" LCD, Intel Core Duo T2600 (2.16 GHz) processor, up to 1GB of DDR2 RAM, 120GB of disk and even a DVD Super Multi drive and 1.3 megapixel rotating cam. Rounding out the specs are a new NVidea GeForce Go 7400 mobile graphic processor and Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR for up to 3Mbps of throughput. Sorry folks, no pricing or ship date at this time. More pics after the break."

http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/29/a...re-duo-laptop/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Mac Book? Thats a MBP on steriods.

"DVD Super Multi drive"? Can I have an optional Super Duper Really Neat Battery as well?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Don't forget the "color shine" LCD. Clearly this tech will rapidly supplant the "flat drab" LCDs we've been using.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    It looks like the bastard child of an iBook and a Sony Vaio.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    oberpongooberpongo Posts: 182member
    Considering that as far as I know, ASUS is the official producer of the new Intel iBook, the technical specs will probably be the same. Only the design will be slightly different and much better..
  • Reply 5 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oberpongo

Considering that as far as I know, ASUS is the official producer of the new Intel iBook, the technical specs will probably be the same. Only the design will be slightly different and much better..

No way. Prepare for Core Solo and bottom end Duo, Integrated graphics, combo drives, etc.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I really don't like those glossy screens that seem to be making there way into laptops. They shine the light back at you giving glare!!! I couldn't take one outside on a mild day, let alone sunny day.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    It's missing the most important clue, price. We don't know if this is supposed to be a high-end road-warrior model or a mid-range consumer model.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    ^^^ with those specs high end road-warrior is my bet
  • Reply 9 of 11
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by furious_

^^^ with those specs high end road-warrior is my bet

No kidding. That's a small MBP spec wise.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

No way. Prepare for Core Solo and bottom end Duo, Integrated graphics, combo drives, etc.

I concur.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Aw.. Its a kick in the face when there's no pricing.. >.<