itunes artwork

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Of course when I purchase music from the itunes store, artwork comes with it, but what about for CD's that I already own? Is there a way to get artwork for those? It would be cool to see it show up on my ipod.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DJmastamind

Of course when I purchase music from the itunes store, artwork comes with it, but what about for CD's that I already own? Is there a way to get artwork for those? It would be cool to see it show up on my ipod.

Thanks

"Clutter" >>edit "Your welcome"
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

"Clutter"

Awesome! Thank you!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I usually grab the album art from Amazon or Buy.com when I rip a CD. For previously ripped tracks I just did it in batches and now my entire collection has art.

I don't know about you, but I'm an album art freak. And now with the color iPods and FrontRow there's even more of an incentive to have the pictos in there.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Completely agree...

For songs with multiple releases in different albums, I'll choose the version with the coolest album cover.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Screw Clutter. It takes ages to do that manually for every album you have.

iTunesCool will do that automatically for you, including lyrics.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    What bothers me is the occasional CD release with non-square album art. I have to decide if I want to crop it, stretch it, do a custom edit, or go with letterboxing in my iTunes window. Bastards!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    you might want to try searching here if you're in the need of high-res covers and don't mind adding them to itunes yourself.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Clutter so far has been working out great. Yea, I'm an album art freak! I can't help it.

The few covers I couldn't get, I did eventually find on Amazon.com

So far so good!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    m_shellm_shell Posts: 30member
    is there anything anything that will work on windows?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    For all you cover-art lovers out there who haven't heard from it yet: be shure to check out Coverflow.

Even though the functionality is rather limited it is very cool to look at and get an overview of your albums.

Edit: oh, and it also lets you search for artwork on google images, although you still have to copy it over manually to itunes.