Improved 30" ACD?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
MacBidouille, the french rumor site, reports that Apple seems to have quietly updated its 30" ACD. New specs are: Contrast ratio 700:1 (old 400:1), Brightness 400cd/m2(old 270). MacBidouille

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Let me edit for clarity.

MacBidouille, the horrible french rumor site...

Those would be good upgrade specs. However that's not something that should be a quiet upgrade because say a person has two 30in ACD. One old and one new...I'd suppose it'd be hard to match them up.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Actually it's true, I went to Apple and found out for myself... http://www.apple.com/displays/specs.html
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Ok, so it shows the "new" stats. Can anyone confirm it was different before?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Animal Farm

I remember it being 400:1 contrast ratio. Does that help?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Animal Farm

CONFIRMED!!!1111

http://web.archive.org/web/200502030...ays/specs.html
  • Reply 6 of 13
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    april fools?

\
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Let me edit for clarity.

MacBidouille, the horrible french rumor site...

Those would be good upgrade specs. However that's not something that should be a quiet upgrade because say a person has two 30in ACD. One old and one new...I'd suppose it'd be hard to match them up.

And I suppose if Apple thought this flawed, they'd recall all the old ones and for an upgrade charge give you a better one so you aren't interrupted in your specs, right?

You get what you purchase at the time of purchase. Technology advances and you purchase a newer version. You live with the differences.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Nice that this display upgrade was slipped in. If only the 23" was upgraded, as I'd like to replace my 20" ACD Cinema Display.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    One thing: The upgrade really wasn't necessary. OK its a nice upgrade but as many pro users will tell you the brightness on this thing and colour accuracy is second to none when you compare it to other displays so I wonder why they bothered at all.

Yes it would suck if you intended to buy a 2nd display. I agree.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Will these new specs make my p0rn brighter?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

Will these new specs make my p0rn brighter?

Indubitably! In fact that's one of Apple's marketing points: "Mo' Vivid Areolas"
  • Reply 12 of 13
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trevorM

OK its a nice upgrade but as many pro users will tell you the brightness on this thing and colour accuracy is second to none when you compare it to other displays so I wonder why they bothered at all.

Has anyone here compared it to the Dell 30" display. They have essentially the same specs. The Dell is $300 cheaper.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    CNet gave the edge to the Apple Cinema Display versus the Dell, and that was with the old model.