Very hard to believe that Steve Balmer said this in an interview??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When asked does he have an iPod in an interview with CNN Money, he replied "No, I do not. Nor do my children. My children--in many dimensions they're as poorly behaved as many other children, but at least on this dimension I've got my kids brainwashed: You don't use Google, and you don't use an iPod."

Suggesting using an iPod and Google is bad behaviour, what the hell is this guy smoking??

This guy is a nut-job !!

I saw the article here!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    It's no surprise to me. Watch this and see.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

That has to be the lowest point in all MS bashing history I have ever seen. Just pure hate without any point.

What is happening to people lately? Are you all regressing to 1998?

When Steve said MS doesn´t have to lose for Apple to win, he upped his standards. Now up yours!
  • Reply 3 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

When asked does he have an iPod in an interview with CNN Money, he replied "No, I do not. Nor do my children. My children--in many dimensions they're as poorly behaved as many other children, but at least on this dimension I've got my kids brainwashed: You don't use Google, and you don't use an iPod."

Suggesting using an iPod and Google is bad behaviour, what the hell is this guy smoking??

This guy is a nut-job !!

I saw the article here!

When using the word "brainwash" in the interview it is clear he is tongue in cheek. And besides who is the master in strategic communication, even in laid back, couch type interviews? Yes, The Almighty Steve (blessed be his name).
  • Reply 4 of 46
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    It just goes to show what twits make up/ run / work at Microsoft.

• Reply 5 of 46
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

When using the word "brainwash" in the interview it is clear he is tongue in cheek. And besides who is the master in strategic communication, even in laid back, couch type interviews? Yes, The Almighty Steve (blessed be his name).

Not so sure, It's clear by the video floating around lately that he's obviously unstable.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    Quote:

Not so sure, It's clear by the video floating around lately that he's obviously unstable.

Are you a psychologist?
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Anders, you can calm down now. That video I linked is obviously tongue in cheek as well. I know quite well of what the wonderful Steve said in 1997. We can still have a little harmless fun, can't we? I don't have a seething hatred for MS, I just thought the clip was funny.. especially Conan O'Brien.
  • Reply 8 of 46
    Quote:

Anders, you can calm down now. That video I linked is obviously tongue in cheek as well. I know quite well of what the wonderful Steve said in 1997. We can still have a little harmless fun, can't we? I don't have a seething hatred for MS, I just thought the clip was funny.. especially Conan O'Brien.

I am always cool, girl

Make a search for MS, Microsoft or Ballmer here and see how much "fun" people are having. It wouldn´t mean much if it wasn´t because it kills all objective debate about MS because you (a general "you", not you) don´t want to be caught by the cool kids club by posting anything but negative about MS.

Besides the video was not even good. It didn´t have a point, the "script" was repetitive and incoherent.
  • Reply 9 of 46
    What's with "girl" in Italics?

Like I said... it's was funny; for shits and giggles. Couldn't you hear the dry humor when I said, "Watch this clip and see?" I see your point though.
  • Reply 10 of 46
    i don't think they helped apple much by crediting final cut pro at the end.

never seen the conan one though, so that made it worth it.

Still, they should used a different voice as well and slowed it down in some areas and not gone to black so much... A simple ken burns effects on some photos would have worked to fill it in. very amateurish...
  • Reply 11 of 46
    Anders must be watched. He might be a traitor.
  • Reply 12 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac on a Mac

Anders must be watched. He might be a traitor.

I have already revealed my true identity here
  • Reply 13 of 46
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Trying working for a Chevy plant and parking your Toyota next to the building.

It's called brand loyalty. I bet you don't see many Windows machines at Apple headquarters short of the ones they use for testing.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Trying working for a Chevy plant and parking your Toyota next to the building.

It's called brand loyalty. I bet you don't see many Windows machines at Apple headquarters short of the ones they use for testing.

You are way off. Its because the leader of perhaps the worlds most succesful company just escaped the asylum. Its simply the most obvious answer, Occam's Razor and stuff.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Steve Ballmer is a sweaty, sweaty man.

Best part of the video:

"I got so drunk I woke up with a hooker. Bill got so drunk he woke up with an Apple computer."

• Reply 16 of 46
    Quote:

Steve Ballmer is a sweaty, sweaty man.

Best part of the video:

"I got so drunk I woke up with a hooker. Bill got so drunk he woke up with an Apple computer."

Yes. Its quite telling. When showing any personality Gates´ is a kind of nerdy humor, philanthropy and liberal tendencies. Jobs is arrogance and... eh...arrongance
  • Reply 17 of 46
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:

*snip* I bet you don't see many Windows machines at Apple headquarters short of the ones they use for testing.

Err... I was in Apple's office in Markham, Ontario, Canada for an Apple seminar on Tiger (when Tiger was newly introduced). At the reception desk, they have a Windows PC to enter visitor data and print out visitor ID cards

I in fact asked the person at the reception desk as to why they had a Windows PC there instead of a Mac and whether this does not send the wrong message to visitors. The answer was that the software they used was Windows-only and therefore they had to have a PC there!

Cheers

*edited to add* BTW, there was not a single Mac anywhere in the reception area.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tilt

Err... I was in Apple's office in Markham, Ontario, Canada for an Apple seminar on Tiger (when Tiger was newly introduced). At the reception desk, they have a Windows PC to enter visitor data and print out visitor ID cards

I in fact asked the person at the reception desk as to why they had a Windows PC there instead of a Mac and whether this does not send the wrong message to visitors. The answer was that the software they used was Windows-only and therefore they had to have a PC there!

Cheers

*edited to add* BTW, there was not a single Mac anywhere in the reception area.

When I visited Apple's Cupertino campus I signed in and printed a badge using some custom FileMaker thing. No Windows PCs there, thank god!

Apparently Steve needs to run up to Canada to get some people in line.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    A long time ago, in a suburb far far away....

Microsoft was fun. It was a fun thing. computers. programming. computer games. simple. it was simple back then. people were less stressed. more excited about finding new things with computers...

and then, its showed up. it came and reared it's ugly head and changed the thoughts and minds of kids and people everywhere...

i'm talking about $$$$$$$$$$

and when $$$$$ came, it killed the fun braincells that were in the heads of the heads of the great computer companies. software became boring and programming was reduced to producing one common goal...

to make more $$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$ corrupted. it destroyed. it made people rich beyond their wildest dreams. it drove the minsane.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Jobs is arrogance and... eh...arrongance

Don't make me go "Steve Jobs" on you, biatch.

CosmoNut: Yeah, I love it when Conan said "Who's in charge of Microsoft... oh."