No Party Apple??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It's getting very close to April 1st, apple's 30th. 1 day away!

I feel this means one of two things:

Either no party event, or a sudden surprise event to catch us all of guard!

What ya think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Unfortunately, I don't think throwing themselves a surprise party for all of us is very likely... boo. And I would imagine that if it was any of the things we really wanted (macBook....) then they would want all the press coverage they could get.

We may see news this week though about something that happens next week, because of the end of the quarter and all that jazz...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I think they've opted to give the story as an exclusive to a major media outlet (magazine, newspaper, TV show, TV Network).

Remember they announced the iMac G4 via an exclusive cover on Time Magazine a few years ago.

They might be going this route again.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    If it is a major time article just explaining the OS, how secure it is, how easy it is, ect, ect, and how the Macs ARE NOT TOYS!!! That they are extremely productive, AND fun, stress-free computers. Just imagine, "The virus Free Computer" on the cover...that would catch the eye of millions. I would be very happy if thats what it was
  • Reply 4 of 11
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    Shut up Ireland!

Just shut up.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow Slayer 26

Just imagine, "The virus Free Computer" on the cover...that would catch the eye of millions.

including every cracker/kiddy on earth...you say it cant be done, that is a challenge to the bad guys...and the security companies, why wouldnt McAffe or nortan ship a mac virus (via a mechenisum not tracable to them directly), a lot of us think that they have been doing this for years in windows.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

Shut up Ireland!

Just shut up.

Why the insults! That's not cool!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Why the insults! That's not cool!

And contrary to your over-inflated sense of self-worth, neither are you.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    wally007wally007 Posts: 121member
    Quote:

what th....? what set your little mind off ?

but to get back to original story , i went this morning to Apple store here in California and some of the emplyees didnt even know its 30th aniversary. No prizes , no special events , nada. Hummmm kinda wierd Apple is THIS quiet. They're getting alot of free press all over tech web sites , doing SOMETHING would get their name mentioned everywhere.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    Why do any thing if you don't have to to get press.. maybe less is more then when everyone doesn't expect it they do something. This may sound stupid but it would help them spend marketing dollars more affective.

I was hoping for a sale today but such is life.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

I suppose some people are just assholes! I said nothing about you, and you go and abuse me! Maybe you should take a good look in the mirror! And while your at it take a look at your signature. What the hell are you smoking? To take a line from Bob Dylan: "all good people have faith".

Your probably one of those people who can only feel good when they know someone else feels bad.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    ... and with that, the thread comes to an end.

Read my signature.