Windows Vista Delayed Until 2007....Go Leopard

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hypoluxa

My bet is that its delayed because MS wants to be able to get a working version of Leopard to see what else it can copy before it releases Vista... or maybe take out stuff that will make too much like OSX..(which it already does..) oh well, let them have their cake. 8)

That's a bet that you would lose. You would love losing it, no noubt. If you have been following the news, you would know that over the past few weeks Microsoft employees have exposed a lot of frustration and bitterness within the ranks. It started with that parody of the iPod packaging as done by Microsoft. Microsoft verified that it has serious problems when it reorganized its Windows unit. This all lends credibility to the reports that Windows Vista is so riddled with bugs that it cannot ship and that some employees are demanding the resignations of their executives. No, Vista's delays have nothing to do with MacOS X and everything to do with Microsoft.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    hypoluxahypoluxa Posts: 694member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

That's a bet that you would lose. You would love losing it, no noubt. If you have been following the news, you would know that over the past few weeks Microsoft employees have exposed a lot of frustration and bitterness within the ranks. It started with that parody of the iPod packaging as done by Microsoft. Microsoft verified that it has serious problems when it reorganized its Windows unit. This all lends credibility to the reports that Windows Vista is so riddled with bugs that it cannot ship and that some employees are demanding the resignations of their executives. No, Vista's delays have nothing to do with MacOS X and everything to do with Microsoft.

Im sure your right.. or pretty damn close at least... I was thinking of another thread I read a while back mentioning a person who was a Vista programmer and how (he) mentioned that there was a slew of stuff vista was doing that OSX was already doing / using and that MS had to "cut" out stuff to make look less OS X'y
  • Reply 23 of 29
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

And of course, this you won't read at C|Net ...
  • Reply 24 of 29
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Everyone should be following Mini-MS, although now he's taking a brief break for a bit. Too much excitement with the reorgs and Vista delays.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlue

And of course, this you won't read at C|Net ...

Why would you? C|Net is not a rumor site. Mini-MS's writer is an incognito, a stranger.

He may be who he says is and he may not be who he says he is. That's not what serious computer sites concern themselves with, unless there's no other news in the entire industry that is worthy of being published and they need to resort to using speculation and rumors to keep their readers coming to their site.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Why would you? C|Net is not a rumor site. Mini-MS's writer is an incognito, a stranger.

He may be who he says is and he may not be who he says he is. That's not what serious computer sites concern themselves with, unless there's no other news in the entire industry that is worthy of being published and they need to resort to using speculation and rumors to keep their readers coming to their site.

Maybe it's just a rumor, but a good journalist would think: 'where there's smoke, there's fire' and would try to find out more about this issue. Come on, Vista's release has been postponed more often than there's numbers on my calculator ! That's not only because it's so complex, it's bad managment too. Why not investigate this ? I have never read such a story. No wait, I do know why: just look at all the MS ad's flying around the C|Net homepage.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Trust me...none of this stops an internet journalist from making stories using non-credible sources.

Probably around 95% of articles published on the net are pure unsubstantiated bullshit.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigBlue

No wait, I do know why: just look at all the MS ad's flying around the C|Net homepage.

Yeah, so? C|Net has more positive articles about MS's competitors than not. When's the last time you saw C|Net bash Apple, Novell, RedHat, Oracle, IBM, etc? Yet they're all MS competitors. Vista has been delayed, and we all know that. But is some anonymous blogger, who has suddenly decided to 'cool it down' a bit - a reliable source and is he really who he says he is? We don't know that.

I could set up a blog tomorrow and start saying the same things about Apple and Jobs and Schiller et al. I could do the same thing - bash Apple and its entire management - you think C|Net would jump all over that story? I highly doubt it. Not everything is pro-MS and anti-Apple. Even if there are MS ads in there (as there are in this very forum and they're not far and few either).

Quote:

Trust me...none of this stops an internet journalist from making stories using non-credible sources.

That is true to a certain extent. But his/her credibility won't last long. And this mini-MS blog strikes me as nothing more than some Mr. Incognito writing from his basement in PalookaVille. I could be wrong, and he may be a whistleblower, but a whistleblower wouldn't back off after 3 days of coverage. This dude did.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:

Yeah, so? C|Net has more positive articles about MS's competitors than not. When's the last time you saw C|Net bash Apple, Novell, RedHat, Oracle, IBM, etc?

So you think C|Net never takes bloggers seriously ? Only when it's in Apple's disadvantage. Last week, for example. Headline: 'Microsoft blogger critiques Apple security' Just a blogger. If they can publish him, why not that anti-MS blog that's all over the rest of the net ?

The last Apple bashing ? Oh, a few weeks ago ? ... Remember the security issues Apple had last month ? An innocent Trojan that's hard to execute and no-one has seen becomes a major threat. Several articles follow like 'Is MacOs as save as ever' etc ... They put a negative spin where they can.

Granted, that's how journalism works and their bias against Apple has improved in the last two or so years.