Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
it's not an fool day joke, but it's real

Apple has 30 years.

Happy birthday Apple, live long and prosper

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    nauticalnautical Posts: 109member
    Happy 30th birthday, Apple! Here's for another thirty years of innovation!
  • Reply 2 of 12
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Absolutely! Here's to our beloved Apple.

Have some cake!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    Happy Birthday Apple!

• Reply 4 of 12
    Happy Birthday Apple!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Yaaaaaaay, bust out the coke and hookers. I'm getting down tonight. Oh, by the way were is our 10,000 dollar Anniversary Mac?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Ha the memories, it seems just like yesterday. This article "30 pivotal moments in Apple's history" really puts it into perspective.

"1976: Jobs and Woz Found Apple.

On April Fools? Day, Apple Computer Company is founded in a residential garage by Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak, both college drop-outs. Fearing financial ruin, the third co-founder?Ronald Wayne?relinquishes his 10 percent stake in the partnership for only $800 less than two weeks later."

"1980: Apple Goes Public.

In the largest IPO since Ford went public in 1956, Apple debuts on the stock market with a valuation of $1.8 billion. Of Apple?s 1,000 employees, more than 40 became instant millionaires thanks to their stock options."

"1982: Microsoft Begins Mac Development.

Microsoft begins developing mouse-based applications for Apple?s secret Mac project, but also begins work on a graphical user interface (Windows) for the IBM PC and its clones."

"1985: Jobs Resigns From Apple.

After losing a boardroom struggle with Sculley, Jobs resigns from Apple, taking a loyal band of employees that would start NeXT."

"Honorable Mention. Microsoft Granted Mac License: In exchange for delaying a Windows version of Excel, Apple grants Microsoft a license to use some Macintosh technology."

Hmmmm, I bet Steve to this day would like to have a piece of Scully.

I became an Apple user circa 1983. Happy Birthday Apple Computer!! You are the greatest. Thank you!!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Have an AWESOME BIRTHDAY, Apple!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Happy Birthday, Apple!

On my first Apple (a lovely IIe), that would have gone something like:

10 print "Happy Birthday, Apple!"

20 goto 10
  • Reply 9 of 12
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Does anybody know IF and HOW the workers at the 1 Infinite Loop headquarters celebrate this momentous moment?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by trtam

Does anybody know IF and HOW the workers at the 1 Infinite Loop headquarters celebrate this momentous moment?

kind bud
  • Reply 11 of 12
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Why no celebration on Apple.Com?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    I encourage all fans of Apple to download the latest podcast from This Week in Tech. Leo hosted a 90 minute discussion with Woz, Bill Fernandez, Andy Hertzfeld, Daniel Kottke, and Randy Wigginton - all original employees of Apple. A very interesting listen indeed.

Link.