Betting On 23" iMac.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If you were challenge to bet $1 on the 23" iMac coming out in April - would you bet on it coming out or not in April?

When would you guess it would come out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

If you were challenge to bet $1 on the 23" iMac coming out in April - would you bet on it coming out or not in April?

When would you guess it would come out?

• Reply 2 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

8)
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Maybe there will be a 23" special edition anniversary iMac, available in black!
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

Maybe there will be a 23" special edition anniversary iMac, available in black!

That would be awesome.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    New 24" HD ready iMac with 2.16MHz dual core - that would be nice!

and then...

ACD upgraded & 23" changed to 24"
  • Reply 6 of 20
    The only problem: where are you going to get 1080p content from? So far, it seems like 1080i, which is interlaced, is the highest we'll be able to get for the most part.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

The only problem: where are you going to get 1080p content from? So far, it seems like 1080i, which is interlaced, is the highest we'll be able to get for the most part.

1080p is available! Apple.com (HD Gallery)

It plays seamlessly on my iMacintel 1.83

The 20" iMac is big enough! If you want bigger I'm afraid you'll have to go pro!

The thing i'm hoping for is a fully loaded special addition iMac.

20" display

2Gb RAM

250 or 500Gb Hd

256mb or more Graphics memory

Wireless Key, an wireless Mighty mouse

Applecare

In black or white

$2,500

Thank you very much
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Most blu-ray and hd-dvd movies will be in 1080p.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    ryanhryanh Posts: 116member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jackbauer

Most blu-ray and hd-dvd movies will be in 1080p.

Blu-Ray but not HD-DVD, I believe

At least not off the bat.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drnat

New 24" HD ready iMac with 2.16MHz dual core - that would be nice!

and then...

ACD upgraded & 23" changed to 24"

That would be sweet. I can't make the move until Final Cut Studio goes UB. My wife is glad that FCS is not UB.
  • Reply 11 of 20
  • Reply 12 of 20
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    I'm drooling for a 23" iMac (Black)...

What a beauty!

• Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

1080p is available! Apple.com (HD Gallery)

So you're gonna drop 2 1/2 grand on a computer just so you can watch the HD trailers from Apple.com, which are 1-3 minutes long each? Not bloody likely, I really think that doesn't count (and I was aware of the HD trailers and clips on Apple.com)

I'm talking about real 1080p content.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

So you're gonna drop 2 1/2 grand on a computer just so you can watch the HD trailers from Apple.com, which are 1-3 minutes long each? Not bloody likely, I really think that doesn't count (and I was aware of the HD trailers and clips on Apple.com)

I'm talking about real 1080p content.

It's a start, I'd love to watch the trailers in gorgeous HD. 1080 content will be here within the next year.

The EyeTV stuff has the ability to get 1080i, and over in the UK I believe the BBC will launch at least some of its channels in HD soon. A 23" would be a cheap PC/HDTV combo.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Off topic, but has Apple announced support for one of the formats (Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) over he other yet?
  • Reply 16 of 20
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    While I wouldn't say that a 23" iMac will come out by the 1st, I think it's a sure thing that one will come out eventually. Most likely this will be the iMac HD, since it will have a 1080p capable screen and adequate horsepower to drive it.

I doubt it will use the speedier 2.16 GHz Core Duo chips though. Probably will stick with the 2.0 GHz ones.

I don't expect to see Blu-Ray for at least six months. And when it launches it will likely only be in the top-of-the-line Mac Pro tower, although I bet it will still be an expensive BTO option.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

While I wouldn't say that a 23" iMac will come out by the 1st, I think it's a sure thing that one will come out eventually. Most likely this will be the iMac HD, since it will have a 1080p capable screen and adequate horsepower to drive it.

I doubt it will use the speedier 2.16 GHz Core Duo chips though. Probably will stick with the 2.0 GHz ones.

Why not?

If they introduce a 23"iMac in october 2006, which is much more likely than april , it also can have a Merom or a Conroe instead of an Yonah.

I would love to have one anyway, eventually... in 2007 or 2008.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gar

Why not?

If they introduce a 23"iMac in october 2006, which is much more likely than april , it also can have a Merom or a Conroe instead of an Yonah.

I would love to have one anyway, eventually... in 2007 or 2008.

Well if its introduced late in the year it will have a competitive CPU obviously. If it was released within the next month It'll either have a 2.0 GHz or 2.16 GHz Core Duo.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Sorry, you're right.

But if this machine has a pricetag of $2,500, as someone suggested, i would think it will have the latest and greatest.

Personally I think this price is a little steep.

A $2,100 pricetag is far more realistic...

or less, if it's introduced later this year.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    mat79mat79 Posts: 40member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

That would be sweet. I can't make the move until Final Cut Studio goes UB. My wife is glad that FCS is not UB.

You mean like this: http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/ ?

Quote:

Final Cut Studio 5.1 ? now native. Take advantage of up to 2x the performance when you run Final Cut Studio 5.1 Universal on the MacBook Pro, featuring the Intel Core Duo processor.