Post Your Computer Setup 2005!

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 135
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
  • Reply 122 of 135
    My Current Setup

Apple iBook G4: 1.33ghz, 1.25gig 133 DDR SDRAM, 32mb ATi video, 4x SuperDrive, 60gig HD: OSX 4.5

Apple iMac: Dual-Core 2.0ghz, 2gigs 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 500GB HD, 8x SuperDrive, ATI x1600 256MB video

Other Hardwares

Logitech MX-518 1600DPI mouse

Lacie 250gig External HD

Western Digital 120gig External HD

USB Hub

Linksys Wirless Router & 5 port hub

Epson Perfection 2750 Scanner

E-MU XBOARD 49-Key USB/MIDI Keyboard

Lacie 8 in 1 Card Reader

Wacom Graphire 4, 4x5 Pen Tablet, White

Sandisk 512MB USB Drive

52x External Iomega CD-RW Drive

Ibanez RG2570, silver

Monster 1/4 - 1/8 10' Cable

19" CRT Screen

17" CRT Screen

60gig 5G iPod, White

a bunch of sick headphones and ipod gear

sick-ass stereo system hooked up to my iMac, 5-90watt cube speakers, 2-100watt speakers w/ tweeters, 1-190watt acoustic sub, 2-120 watt ex-tv speakers, 2-50 watt speakers, connected through a reciever i borrowed from elsa.

I also have 2 PCs, 1.53ghz & 1.0ghz.

by the way, this is my temporary desk, while my bedroom is under construction...

• Reply 123 of 135
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
  • Reply 124 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by r3dx0r

I like this setup better than a 17" PB. I've always that the 17 inches was way too much real estate for a laptop.
  • Reply 125 of 135
    I absolutely love this machine. Got it April 29, 2005.

Here's another one for the "messy setups" category, all nicely labeled

There's my iPod shuffle + hp 1GB missing from this photo. And maybe soon the ethernet wire will go away (my mini doesn't have AirPort built in yet) and I'll add an external HD.

But all that's for "Post Your Computer Setup 2005 Q3!"
  • Reply 126 of 135
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Wow, never knew the mini had a brick, no wonder it's so small.
  • Reply 127 of 135
    Yep, there's a brick. I could hide it, but everything catches dirt in 5 minutes here, so unless I wipe it everyday, it's not going to remain clean.

But it looks nice too
  • Reply 128 of 135
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris_here

-

I just couldn't resist posting these. I love it. It's gorgeous. Thank you santa

This is my favourite! You're lucky man! The only one change I'd make would be a Mighty mouse, the lead would reach nicely leaving little extra. So no mess!

Mean set up though man! 30 ACD and those excellent Bose Companion 3 speakers to match, perfection!

You did a very feng shui thing by hiding all the wires nice! Very minimal like apple.
  • Reply 129 of 135
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    Apple needs to make a keyboard and mouse that match their cinima displays and PowerMac towers. The white doesn't match the silver very well.
  • Reply 130 of 135
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

Apple needs to make a keyboard and mouse that match their cinima displays and PowerMac towers. The white doesn't match the silver very well.

I would prefer that Apple make a keyboard and mouse that don't show dirt (ie: aren't white). The ideal keyboards were the ones that came with the G3 iMacs, although some of the keys (primarily the function keys) were a bit small.
  • Reply 131 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

I would prefer that Apple make a keyboard and mouse that don't show dirt (ie: aren't white). The ideal keyboards were the ones that came with the G3 iMacs, although some of the keys (primarily the function keys) were a bit small.

Ah yes, my favoriate keyboard was the one that came with my Beige G3. The worst keyboard and mouse(remember the puck?) came with my BW G3. That damn thing was so small.
  • Reply 132 of 135
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

Ah yes, my favoriate keyboard was the one that came with my Beige G3.

Ooh, I second that. That was one hell of a nice keyboard! I wanted to use it with my G5.
  • Reply 133 of 135
    Quote:

Ah yes, my favoriate keyboard was the one that came with my Beige G3. The worst keyboard and mouse(remember the puck?) came with my BW G3. That damn thing was so small.

Those are quite nice. As for the puck, I had quite a bit of fun in the school comuter lab swapping all the colored plastic bits. But way too small.
  • Reply 134 of 135
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Ooh, I second that. That was one hell of a nice keyboard! I wanted to use it with my G5.

Actually, you can buy an adapter from Griffin to make it work. here

Edit: Added link
  • Reply 135 of 135
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    Quote:

What did it look like? Any links to pictures?