Does anyone think apple might make a new stand alone drawing application??

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by theapplegenius

I don't have a professional computer and if I need to get a professional computer in order to change graphics formats, then something's wrong.

There is no need to cop an attitude. There is nothing wrong with GraphicConverter. It is a small shareware app from a dedicated Macintosh developer. Apple's endorsement of GraphicConverter is testimony to this fact. This application is fully functional even if you don't pay the shareware fee. Until you pay the fee, there is only a short delay between when it launches and when it is usable.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

There is no need to cop an attitude. There is nothing wrong with GraphicConverter. It is a small shareware app from a dedicated Macintosh developer. Apple's endorsement of GraphicConverter is testimony to this fact. This application is fully functional even if you don't pay the shareware fee. Until you pay the fee, there is only a short delay between when it launches and when it is usable.

I'm not giving an attitude, I just want to be able to make stupid little ditzy drawings on a whim. Is that a problem?
  • Reply 23 of 28
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

I'm not giving an attitude, I just want to be able to make stupid little ditzy drawings on a whim. Is that a problem?

Download GraphicConverter. Problem solved.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:

Flysketch will do you nicely for the drawing part; you can choose file type.

http://www.flyingmeat.com/flysketch/

I agree that Graphic Converter is the way to go for changing file types of existing files.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    Quote:

give pixen a try.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

I still wish we had something like an MS Paint bundled. I shouldn't have to run around looking for software when i want to convert images to other formats.

theapplegenius?

More like the theapplenoob if you ask me...
  • Reply 27 of 28
    I forgot to say that FLySketch allows you to take screen images, draw on top of them (even catch just the drawn image without the screen behind it). It is a great little app and is just 25 bucks. The support from the developer, Gus, is great.

I used to do a lot of drawing in AppleWorks and agree that Apple should make some kind of app for drawing so that users can add their own artwork to their digital lives.

More expensive, but nice graphics apps I use:

ConceptDraw ($149)

http://www.conceptdraw.com/en/products/cd5/main.php

Adobe Illustrator

(expensive- but got it on an educator's discount for almost 70%off)

AppleWorks is still available for 79 bucks I think. It has the added benefit of word processing, database and spreadsheet.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Create -- drawing with print and web along for the ride. A few other things on that site too.

?but ?but ?it doesn't say Apple on it!