A sad April 1st

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Nothin has been released.

We are all fools.

(dont feel bad, being a fool on April Fools day is the best time to be one)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    tom22ntom22n Posts: 3member
    I know, I almost cried, yet i just rewatched the end of Macworld SF and it;s definitive that there should be a "party" in April.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It was unrealistic to think that Apple would announce any new products on a Saturday, especially given the fact that it is April 1st.

Apple would need PR staff working, the store website updated for the new products, the main website updated with product information, etc. I would also think that Apple would have additional people manning the phones to meet increased demand from customers. If there was going to be a serious announcement today, you can bet that Apple would have sent out invitations to a 30th Anniversary show.

Also, many news sites (and mainstream reporters) do not update or work on the weekends as there is little news, and the sites that do seem to be updating today have April Fool's layouts so it's not hard to imagine that this news would be dismissed by the public.

Products just aren't released on weekends. Maybe we will see something from Apple next week instead, but again, it would have to be something minor like a speed bump. Any important new product announcements would require an Apple event like the ones they have been doing for the last few years.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    yes, but Apple is all about doing the unrealistic!

Look at the iPod 1G-5G

Look at the OS

Look at the Hardware...

everyone thought success in Apple was unrealistic, and thats why people love them. They always seem to make the impossible possible
  • Reply 4 of 24
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

[i]Also, many news sites (and mainstream reporters) do not update or work on the weekends as there is little news, and the sites that do seem to be updating today have April Fool's layouts so it's not hard to imagine that this news would be dismissed by the public.[/B]

Actually this makes perfect sense! I never even thought that if they updated the website now with new stuff that the public and the media would dimiss it as an April fools prank!
  • Reply 5 of 24
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Nothing will happen!

Stop being so fanatical about it.

If Apple had something SPECIAL, they would send invitations while back.

They might introduce something this Tuesday, but it will not be the big thing everybody is waiting. maybe a simple upgrade.

The truth is neither Apple nor Steve have ever said they would DO something for this occasion. Steve just mentioned the April 1 anniversary at MWSF. That's it!

This is just a hype created by the rumor sites and wishful thinking Mac fans.

I agreed is a bummer.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    I'm disappointed not to see ANY sort of acknowledgement of their 30th anniversary on Apple's website. It can't have taken too much work to rotate a new front page in.

- Jasen.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    It's awfully quiet on the Apple side.

It could be that its the weekend.

It could be that the Apple Store will be "back online within the hour" in a few more hours.

It could be as quiet as it usualy is.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by jasenj1

I'm disappointed not to see ANY sort of acknowledgement of their 30th anniversary on Apple's website. It can't have taken too much work to rotate a new front page in.

- Jasen.

It makes sense now! Yea they didn't acknowledge the 30th on their own site!! Think about it, no mention! To me this means that there will be something coming in the Monday or Tuesday. MacBook, but I think something more!
  • Reply 9 of 24
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    The rumours have dried up lately too.....a few months ago they were preditcting a special 30th Birthday event with new iBooks maybe iPods... looks like they got it totally wrong.. just like MWSF.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    mercury7mercury7 Posts: 203member
    I read at engadget that the 20th ann..mac was introduced a year late
  • Reply 11 of 24
    The thing is, the way things are going - it seems like Steve has to make a song on dance on the stage for every new development..

So the stage aint booked, no invites surely it's not a private party?

No wait... proprietary operating system, proprietary hard-ware....

The next step is proprietary users!

They're having a party without us!
  • Reply 12 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cato988

Nothin has been released.

We are all fools.

(dont feel bad, being a fool on April Fools day is the best time to be one)

I have to assume you actually expected something to be released today.

Most people know that Apple releases software on saturdays, and hardware on Tuesdays, but they usually avoid their exact anniversary date all together. I would have been shocked if they released something today.

I think there is a possibility for something on Tuesday if they are even releasing anything, but I think it's more likely that they will hold off an additional week. Sometime when the majority of the media doesn't expect something.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Does be true, does be true!
  • Reply 14 of 24
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

yes, but Apple is all about doing the unrealistic!

Look at the iPod 1G-5G

Look at the OS

Look at the Hardware...

everyone thought success in Apple was unrealistic, and thats why people love them. They always seem to make the impossible possible

OK...

put down the cup and step away from the Kool-Aid.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

yes, but Apple is all about doing the unrealistic! Look at the iPod 1G-5G Look at the OS Look at the Hardware... everyone thought success in Apple was unrealistic, and thats why people love them. They always seem to make the impossible possible

You sound insane.... and around here, that AIN'T exactly easy!
  • Reply 16 of 24
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

You sound insane.... and around here, that AIN'T exactly easy!

No kiddiing. Good one DaveGee..
  • Reply 17 of 24
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    You all need to go outside and get some fresh air. SERIOUSLY. It's a CORPORATION not a cult.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    allenallen Posts: 84member
    The lack of announcements could simply be the lack of a settlement in the Burst download patent lawsuit. Can't announce new products or services that have the patent infringement hanging over them.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

You all need to go outside and get some fresh air. SERIOUSLY.

But I don't like being blinded by that bright thing in the sky, though the sky cotton is kind of cool to look at.
  • Reply 20 of 24
    If noting pops up before Thursday, i'd would honestly be a bit disappointed.

Seen as Mr. Jobs did say that 'one more thing' thing at the end of MacWorld.

Seriously i'm expecting something and would be surprised if nothing happens!