15" imac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I plan to buy an imac soon but I'm not familiar with LCD displays. Will fast motions, such as those found in games, cause blurring? If the physical screen is 15" then what is the actual viewing area? I'm thinking 15" will be enough for me considering the screens position can be modified to move closer. Oh well...I may wait till after macworld to see what is announced. A 17" screen would be great too. Although more expensive.

[ 07-13-2002: Message edited by: Spirit ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    The viewable area on LCD's is the size of the monitor. So yes it would be 15". Get the iMac, you'll love it. The only reason I bought a Quicksilver tower is because I wanted the option to upgrade the video card and to buy a bigger display (17" ASD).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    spiritspirit Posts: 10member
    Thanx wolfeye...LCD displays are measured diagnal too, right?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    [quote]Originally posted by Spirit:

<strong>Thanx wolfeye...LCD displays are measured diagnal too, right?</strong><hr></blockquote>

As with all displays, yes.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    when you drag windows around you will see blurring, however with games and such you don't see any blurring.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by janitor:

<strong>when you drag windows around you will see blurring, however with games and such you don't see any blurring.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I rarely see any bluring.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i'd wait till after this week to see what is released....but i love my iMac LCD and would highly recommend one.....g