UBS cuts Apple price target to $95 from $100

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

I just thought I'd post this for your interest.

Earlier I commented that Apple's price rise depended on what investors thought about this software (BootCamp).

This is a Forbes article about it. I'm running late today, so I didn't see it earlier.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/04/05/app...partner=alerts

Looks like the market likes it(bc). I tend to think boot camp could increase market share. This would obviously be a positive on the stock. I've been cautious about Apple's stock but this gives me reason to reconsider.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

Looks like the market likes it(bc). I tend to think boot camp could increase market share. This would obviously be a positive on the stock. I've been cautious about Apple's stock but this gives me reason to reconsider.

It definitely could increase market share, we just don't know if it will.

There are people that like Apple hardware but don't like the user interface or the operating system. There are people that aren't going to buy new software to replace software they already own, and there are people that use software that has no adequate counterpart.

If I did video edit work, I'd want to keep the PC software because the Apple software is irritating, IMO. iMovie is pretty dumb and Final Cut Express halts clip playback when I try to use other programs, making the computer effectively a single tasking system.

And then there are the gamers, but desktop Macs simply aren't competitive against desktop Windows systems because there is no consumer Mac tower.

Personally, I would be interested when something like VirtualPC gets updated because the Windows software I use isn't CPU intensive and I don't want to dual boot for a specific program.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

It definitely could increase market share, we just don't know if it will.

There are people that like Apple hardware but don't like the user interface or the operating system. There are people that aren't going to buy new software to replace software they already own, and there are people that use software that has no adequate counterpart. And then there are the gamers, but desktop Macs simply aren't competitive against desktop Windows systems because there is no consumer Mac tower.

Personally, I would be interested when something like VirtualPC gets updated because the Windows software I use isn't CPU intensive and I don't want to dual boot for a specific program.

This is weird. On the forum, your post ends with:

and I don't want to

But, in the Reply box, the entire post is here.

That's what I was going to comment upon? the incomplete sentence.

Now, this is REALLY weird. After my post was, er, posted, your reply in the forum is complete.

A lot of little things have been happening here lately.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

A lot of little things have been happening here lately.

I realized I didn't finish a post, so I fixed it. My post might have been updated between when you saw it and and when you clicked to reply. Many times, I correct my posts, sometimes I catch it before people reply, sometimes I don't.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

I realized I didn't finish a post, so I fixed it. My post might have been updated between when you saw it and and when you clicked to reply. Many times, I correct my posts, sometimes I catch it before people reply, sometimes I don't.

That's funny. I fix my posts sometimes as well, but I've never left a dangling sentence

I got here too soon!