Adobe CS2 in XP Vs. Rosetta?

newnew
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Benchmarks anyone?

Should I run it in XP until CS3 comes out?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Unless you have lots of memory in your Mac, I strongly recommend using Photoshop in Windows. It's dogslow on my iMac 20" (1gb memory).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    lgnomelgnome Posts: 81member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Benchmarks anyone?

Should I run it in XP until CS3 comes out?

I live off using CS2 + BBEdit + a sundry other apps on a MBP 2.0. (latest mobo rev, 7200 rpm, 1 GB RAM) Meaning, I pay rent, buy groceries, pay for gas, etc.. And I am quite happy with the machine.

I am not a pro photog doing touchup on 100+ MB tabloid images, just an indie print and web design professional.

It _is_ usuable at this level.

It's not a Quad G5, but hey, no one is suggesting that it is...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    So your take is that rosetta actually works well with CS2 in a "real work" situation?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    lgnomelgnome Posts: 81member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

So your take is that rosetta actually works well with CS2 in a "real work" situation?

All seems well so far. I am one week in..

Rosetta apps do take a far larger chunck of memory and proc cycles to run. As well they do take quite a bit longer to launch. Example - Transmit Uni opens in an instant while Transmist PPC takes a couple of bounces. Once launched, they all are pretty snappy.

It's not perfect have you, and it looks like there are some small bugs here and there, but it is all very usuable, and not as bad as a lot of folks are making it out to be.

Also understand, I was previously on a 667 TiBook, using all the same apps, content making a living. And from most accounts, this set up was utterly useless to do any 'real' work on.