Best Wireless Router

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    if i decide just to get an access point should i still shop for the v4?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    As far as I know, the WRT54GL are the same as the V. 4 of the WRT54G.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zandros

As far as I know, the WRT54GL are the same as the V. 4 of the WRT54G.

Correct.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandilian

Well I bought the linksys along with my powerbook back in nov. and it was the only thing that I hadnt researched, I bring it in, hook it up, and everything seems to be going well for about a week, then I check my speed, im on comcast 6 megs, I was getting maybe 3 at the most. So I updated the firmware to 1.0.05 from the linksys website, still no go. I went and returned it thinking it was my router, the new 1 i got still did the same thing. I didnt have any money, and it was after my 30 day return policy, so i had to stick with it. I checked the linksys site almost everyday for a new firmware that could fix it, it was that irritating. Finally a new 1 came out, it was ver. 1.0.06, I applied that patch, and my download went from 3 megs to 5.5 megs, which is pretty damn good on wireless, so the problem is fixed now.

I'm on a 100 meg connection at home and I can attest that using the HyperWRT/Thibor third-party firmware (that I mentioned above) increased both my wired and wireless throughput as compared to any version of the Linksys-provided firmware.

(I have insane download speeds. heh)
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:

I'm on a 100 meg connection at home and I can attest that using the HyperWRT/Thibor third-party firmware (that I mentioned above) increased both my wired and wireless throughput as compared to any version of the Linksys-provided firmware.

Whoa lol wat kind of connection do u have?