The perpetual concepts thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
By popular demand. For concept drawings and the discussion of them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    appelappel Posts: 69member
    A thread like this will get far too sticky, I'd rather just create a seperate thread for each concept. Sorry, but this is a really crappy solution, like putting all of peoples troubleshooting queries into one thread, where the hell would we start.

Once minute someone posts the next eyebod mock-up, and the next we are getting the MacPro mock-up, it's really off putting to see a 20 page thread, so I'm not going to use it anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I think this is a great idea. Concept threads follow a predictable cycle:

1) Thread is created.

2) Seven people scream FAKE!

3) Four people point out it was never posted as a rumor, just a mockup.

4) Above seven crawl back into holes.

5) 40 posts are made about how it sucks.

6) Poster gets offended.

7) Poster's buddies come to defense.

8) Pointers are posted to other mockups that 'did it better', even though the same people pointing to them tore them apart in Phase 5 of *that* thread.

9) Repeat of 7.

10) Thread dies.

Now if the concept came from another site, the above cycle happens, but in about, oh, 4 or 5 threads, in which case phase 2b is: Half a dozen people point and mock the poster for the duplicate thread.

At least this will stop 2b.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I think this is a great idea. Concept threads follow a predictable cycle:

1) Thread is created.

2) Seven people scream FAKE!

3) Four people point out it was never posted as a rumor, just a mockup.

4) Above seven crawl back into holes.

5) 40 posts are made about how it sucks.

6) Poster gets offended.

7) Poster's buddies come to defense.

8) Pointers are posted to other mockups that 'did it better', even though the same people pointing to them tore them apart in Phase 5 of *that* thread.

9) Repeat of 7.

10) Thread dies.

Now if the concept came from another site, the above cycle happens, but in about, oh, 4 or 5 threads, in which case phase 2b is: Half a dozen people point and mock the poster for the duplicate thread.

At least this will stop 2b.

Well Said.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    That was a waste of time to type, don't you think the person would make sure to tell everyone it's fake, it's just to discuss wether you thinks its cool or stupid.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Hmm. 62 posts vs. > 6500.

I think I *MIGHT* have a better grasp on the history of threads here, don't you?

You're not going to get your dedicated room for concepts, so please, don't push any more. This is it.

Acting like a spoiled brat who isn't getting their way isn't going to help.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Someones a bit pi$$ed, calm down. I just got on these boards, I don't wanna start annoying people, I'll just carry on posting concepts in the general forum, deal?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by appel

Someones a bit pi$$ed, calm down. I just got on these boards, I don't wanna start annoying people, I'll just carry on posting concepts in the general forum, deal?

No.

This is where you'll post concepts. You asked for a completely separate forum. We gave you a sticky thread. It's not a difficult thing to grasp. Any concept threads posted in the General Discussion forum will be merged with this.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    In addition, thanks to appel's insistence that he or she will not use this thread, we have a new policy:

For any particular user posting concept threads external to this one:

First violation: warning

Second violation: temporary ban

Third violation: permanent ban

It's a bit more draconian than our usual approach, but you can thank appel for that.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    since the demander chose not to be popular and this thread doesn´t look like its going to fly we will set it free.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Must be a new record for wearing out ones welcome.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    The human virus at work, let make some rules to counteract those that can't follow rules.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Like this one?

Quote:

3. All comments about a moderator or an administrator should be directed to him personally (or another administrator if the member does not feel comfortable dealing directly) by using private messaging or e-mail. Do not start a thread or make public posts in any forum for the purpose of expressing displeasure with the actions of a moderator or administrator.

Its been a long time since the moderator board have been as busy as it is now. I really want people to calm down and follow the posting guidelines. It would make everything easier for everyone.

Below this line the thread will only be about concepts and mock ups

-------------------------this line---------------------

The WalkMac
  • Reply 13 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Like this one?

Its been a long time since the moderator board have been as busy as it is now. I really want people to calm down and follow the posting guidelines. It would make everything easier for everyone.

Below this line the thread will only be about concepts and mock ups

-------------------------this line---------------------

The WalkMac

FAKE!

Oh, wait (consults Kickaha's list)

Let's see here, um......

SUCKS!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

FAKE!