Concepts board

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Please Moderator, can we have a board to discuss Apple concept images, like the loads you can see on The Apple Collection.

I would like this because it doesn't fit in anywhere else.

So, it's not much to ask, please, I'm sure we'd get a lot of posts on it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    doesn't it fit in with future hardware -- you know concepts...speculation... same idea...
  • Reply 2 of 18
    appelappel Posts: 69member
    No, becuase it isn't future hardware, it's just someones concept of what Apple should release, and I'd like to discuss wetheer other people would like to see Apple make something like it.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It *could be* future hardware. Feel free to start a perpetual "Concepts" thread.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Uh, no, because then it's not even half as organized, it would just be a mush of 3D images.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I have asked the others for opinions. But I am pretty sure you won´t get a seperate subforum.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Don't really understand why, Concept Hardware above Future Hardware would look nice on the boards.

The thing is, we all like to look at what Apple could make, but it doesn't really fit in with Future hardware, because it isn't.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Hear hear. The court has reached a verdict.

There will not be created a subforum for concept drawings. Concept drawings belongs from here on forward in General Discussion. There a sticky will be placed at the top of the subforum in which the presentation and discussion of concepts can take place.

Concept drawings will be permitted in other threads but only as illustration of rumoured future products or to give life to speculations of them.

WIth that the court ends it friday session. Have a nice weekend.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    So basically, we discuss it in the General Forum, can't we even have a board within the future hardware, then it wouldn't clutter the homepage of the forums.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by appel

So basically, we discuss it in the General Forum, can't we even have a board within the future hardware, then it wouldn't clutter the homepage of the forums.

We'll take it under advisement, but the court is out for the weekend. Deliberations will resume after beer.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

We'll take it under advisement, but the court is out for the weekend. Deliberations will resume after beer.

Speaking of beer, how much barrel do we still have ?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Lol, you must like the sense of power, now your a high court judge because I want a board to discuss concept images of Apple products.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Um, methinks you misunderstand the situation here.

You asked for a change to be made to the boards.

The moderators, after discussion, have decided no. An alternate solution, one that has been used successfully on other boards, was put in place instead.

That's it. Further pushing is only going to make us much MUCH less likely to reconsider.

Got it?
  • Reply 13 of 18

You would think I asked for Windows XP and an I love Microsoft section, sorry buys, sorry.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Making insulting comments and then trying to laugh them off may fly on the gradeschool playground, but not here.

There will be no Concepts board.

Any concept thread made by you, or anyone, *will* get merged into the sticky thread that was created for this purpose. First necessary merge by a particular user will get a warning, second will get a temporary ban, third will be a permanent ban.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we like the solution implemented, and are going to keep it.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    appel, just a tip:

What you do now is become enraged at the high-handedness of the forum's moderators, fulminate in locked threat after locked thread, PM the other two people who feel strongly about this and start your own forum called "Apple Concept Drawings Insider Nova".

• Reply 16 of 18
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Hey, where do we talk about the new look of the site?

I'm surprised there isn't a thread set up about it somewhere. Or is there?
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Hey, where do we talk about the new look of the site?

I'm surprised there isn't a thread set up about it somewhere. Or is there?

There isn't! Feel free to start one in the Feedback Forum.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

There isn't! Feel free to start one in the Feedback Forum.

Sounds good!