Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello

I wish someone would respond to the "comments" left by 4

Business Week readers on this article (I don't feel I have the expertise

to do it justice):

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...406_744364.htm

Nickname: macsmasher

Review: I can completely understand the author's misgivings about Windows and Explorer. Why would anyone want to use these products when they can use something as poorly-designed as the Mac operating system, and Firefox? I get a good laugh everytime I use a Mac. How they ever released such garbage (successfully) to the public is beyond me. Apple will always be to personal computing what Applebee's is to fine dining: the purview of the lame.

Date reviewed: Apr 9, 2006 12:24 PM

Nickname: gbert

Review: It's funny to see diehard Apple enthusiasts talking about the "powerful" Intel chips and the "painfully slow" PowerPCs. It's also funny seeing all of the excitement coming from the Mac camp when they've always been so totally anti-Microsoft. Windows user switching to a Mac? Only 3 of them will. No folks, there is no truce here, Microsoft won. Yay.

Date reviewed: Apr 8, 2006 11:43 PM

Nickname: In the middle

Review: I love how Mac users always rip on Windows without ever really using it. Because if they did, they would come to understand that the OS works just fine. The problem with Windows exists with many of its users not understanding the inner workings of the OS. And with Windows having about 90% more users then OS X, of course there are going to be issues with security and such. One thing I notice about Macs and OS X, (and I use it about as much as Windows) is that it's built for the non-tech savvy. It's simple. There are no real ways to tweak it or take control of its operation in relation to the computer. It's a very simple OS for people who don't care about getting inside it. And that's fine. But when I hear Mac users ripping on Windows, it just tells me that they don't understand it or that they don't care about the technical side of the computer and OS combination. And Mac users will soon understand the issue of security, viruses, and spyware. Welcome to the party!

Date reviewed: Apr 8, 2006 10:38 PM

Nickname: mrkshpntf

Review: All right, so some obvious sense (Windows domination of the market) finally dawned on Apple, albeit after the Intel chip was planted in the Mac and some hackers had a great time running Windows on a Mac before Apple allowed it! I guess its Microsoft's turn to dazzle the "bi-platform" groupies by introducing a Windows version for Mac OS X. It already has a Mac version of Microsoft Office. Booting to toggle between the OSs is really inane. Apple needs to drop this vestal virgin charade of maintaining its identity in a Windows world with the BootCamp app now that it has "gone all the way"! The real celebration can begin when you run Windows on a Mac with the minimum hassles consistency of OS X.

Date reviewed: Apr 8, 2006 4:20 PM

Thanks

Scott Pace MD

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Well. Its nice to see that its Windows users that make uninformed black-white comments. It was a domain Apple users excelled in some years ago. Sounds like the commentators still live in that era.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    Just read the whole lot...

What a mess. People are funny when they're confronted with something that has the potential to threaten their status quo-- often, they throw a heaping pile to ward off the threat without even realizing what they're doing.

I particularly like the argument-- "it's not Macs, it's Mac users that keep me away from Apple's tech." Yes, just like I'm sure you have also refrained from wearing underpants because those underwear models just seem so smug-- that'll show 'em! Stupid cult.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    The number of Mac users who want to run XP is small compared to the number of XP users who want OS X on their existing PC. Cheap bastards...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    With 90% of the world running Windows, you can rest assured that a goodly number of those people are morons.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Let's just ignore them instead of feeding their ego.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%.

Douglas Adams

• Reply 7 of 9
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    That is some of the most ignorant writing to ever grace my computer screen.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ecking

That is some of the most ignorant writing to ever grace my computer screen.

I couldn't have put it more elegantly myself!

The average PC owner!

• Reply 9 of 9
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    ... who builds his own PC from plywood (apparantly they still use valves too)