iSync 2.2 - deleted by accident!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello everyone,

My problem is due to my own foolishness--I accidentally deleted iSync 2.2 after updating to 10.4.6. I've re-applied the 10.4.6 update however that did not bring back iSync. I checked on all the download sites and all I could find was iSync 2.1. I tried downloading and installing 2.1 but the installer gives an error saying something to the effect of "This version cannot be installed on this OS." So I am guessing I need some generous soul to share with me their copy of iSync. I would be VERY grateful to anyone willing to .zip it and email it to me. My email address is mrtoby (AT) mac (DOT) com. I hope someone can help, my RAZR needs my iCal on it!

Thanks,

Ybot

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Hi

You can install only isync from the 10.4.6 update via Pacifist 1.6.3

Rob
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rob05au

Hi

You can install only isync from the 10.4.6 update via Pacifist 1.6.3

Rob

I tried to find the iSync file inside the 10.4.6 update but I don't think a complete version of it is in there. Since I have no copy of iSync installed on my system it won't work. 10.4.6 is looking for iSync 2.1 to patch to 2.2, but since I don't have it, it doesn't install. So if someone could zip and email me (or post a link to) a copy of iSync 2.2 that would be very much appreciated!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Hey everyone,

I am still high and dry and without a copy of iSync. If someone with 10.4.6 could please email it to me I would REALLY appreciate it!!! So far no one has and I am desperate to be syncing. If I can't get someone to email me the file I guess I'll have to format my iMac and reinstall 10.4 and update it, allthough I really don't want to have to go through all that.

I tried Pacifist but the application it installs just crashes so if someone could .zip and send me the copy of iSync you get after you do the 10.4.6 update I'd be FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!!!

Please help!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    I have sent you a zipped iSync.app to mrtoby [at] mac [dot] com. I currently have 10.4.6 installed, so it should be the most current. Hope it works!

- Noah
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Hey there

Fors ome reasonI never received the email! So if anyone else is feeling charitable with the iSync from 10.4.6 please email it to tcbartlett @ mac . com or mrtoby @ mac . com

Thanks so much!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Hi everyone!

I've managed to get my hands on a copy of iSync 2.2! I've zipped it and posted it to an online hosting site. You can download a copy from http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=87675 if you still need it.

Thanks to everyone who sent me a copy!!!!

Take care,

Ybot
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Strange question: can you send me a copy too?

Here's what happened:

I was doing some programming on the command line and used a wrong switch. So instead of telling something to SEND the file to the application, it replaced the application.

I did an Archive And Install installation after that and upgraded with all the most recent updates, however, iSync is still horked (icons missing, wrong language) and it simply won't sync properly with my Razor.

Help?