P2p software, just as good as bear share/kazaa..

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
im looking for p2p software, for downloading mp3's

before i switch to mac, i use pc and very satisfied with bearshare, and kazaa (not kazza, beacause u have to pay) plus i know a friend who would help me to hack the kazaa.

i really dissapointed with mac's p2p programs...i already tried limewire, poisened, etc but i still cant find any mp3's from it...

i really loved asian's songs like jay chow, ayumi hamasaki, laruku, etc

bearshare have it all... but why mac cant? a lots of asian people are using mac right? esspecialy japan...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I don't see any reason Poisoned won't work, it should turn up the same results that Kazaa does, if not more results, because Poisoned searches FastTrack (the Kazaa network) as well as Gnutella and Limewire...

And, of course, you're downloading songs that you already have on purchased CDs but are too lazy to rip, right?

Right?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    im-0nim-0n Posts: 47member
    if not more results, because Poisoned searches FastTrack (the Kazaa network) as well as Gnutella and Limewire...

FastTrack? what is that? so how am i gonna make the results similiar to kazaa, from pc...(not kazza)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    why is gnutella network (it has bearshare) not connected?

fast track also, ares too...oooo...

that explain why there is no result in my search...i wonder why...>..<
  • Reply 4 of 11
    I like Acquisition.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    I like Acquisition too.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    I third Acquisition.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    i really need to connect to kazaa and bearshare network...

i already tried aquistion, xfactor,limewire,poisoned, nothing can connect to the network...damn...

god help me
  • Reply 8 of 11
    lupalupa Posts: 202member
    Do you have a firewall on or something? That may be what's causing your problem.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    how to turn of a fire wall in mac os X tiger?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    You can connect to the net, can't you?

If you've still got Acquisition on your drive (yeah another vote for Acquisition here), open its Prefs and see what the current settings are under the Network tab. Check your Network settings in System Prefs too.

Or maybe it's your ISP. Can't remember the ports they like to block.

• Reply 11 of 11
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Why would search results differ from mac to pc? It's not like the results are actually inside any platform specific software.