iBook vs. iMac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I purchased a 12" ibook G4 September of 2005 (8 months ago) for school and I love it. Its portability is simply awesome and its pretty much my baby. I use it for light internet surfing and word processing application for school. However, I have recently began discovering video editing and I am finding myself working on and completing assignments at home and the 12" screen, although nice for portability, is really starting to put a strain on my eyes. I would need to sell the iBook in an effort to finance the iMac. So my question is would it be worth the switch? I really don't want to buy a seperate larger screen because its the processor power and larger hard drive (and 20" screen) in one package that appeals to me. The only thing that I would truly miss is notetaking in class although I am not opposed to taking notes by hand.

Is the latest iMac going to be around for a while longer or will a new version be introduced soon? Lastly, if I do decide to make the switch, where would the best place be to sell it? No ebay.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Go for the iMac, I promise you'll love it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    bump
  • Reply 3 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'd reccommend the iMac myself. I'd also try to find any way I could to keep the iBook as well. It's a great machine and fantastic to bring along to classes for notes/diagramming on the fly.

If you do plan on selling the iBook you'll need to do it in a hurry before new ones are officially announced though. That should happen sometime within the next few weeks by some estimates.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Thanks Bancho,

Do you reccomend any forums that have an official for sale forum where I can post pictures etc.?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by modena1985

Thanks Bancho,

Do you reccomend any forums that have an official for sale forum where I can post pictures etc.?

eBay seems to be the place to find suc... buyers that value your fine little machine
  • Reply 6 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'm definitely with Anders in reccommending eBay. The sort of money people seem to buy Apple hardware for is crazy (to me, but great for the sellers).