I want to lick my home office.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I want my home office to look like I'm in the apple store, or possibly in my desktop. I'm thinking white cabinets and classic blue aqua painting scheme on the walls.

To pain classic blue aqua I imagine one would need a paint gun, but I want the distinctive sharp lines of shades of blue crossing each other in arcs.

Not much of an artist or painter, so I have no idea how to pull this off.

For anyone missing the lick reference - revisit the introduction of Aqua.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Paint will be difficult to get to work even when sprayed. Wallpaper might be your best option. Alternatively, you could see if you can get a roll of whatever is used for making blue screens.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    A pro with a spray gun (think motorcycle paint jobs) could definitely pull it off, but the key word here is "pro".

Getting areas of even blending and just the right translucence takes real skill, and I don't think it's anything you would want to tackle by yourself.

Hmmmm, I just brought up the Aqua blue desktop-- all it is is an all-over gradient from dark blue in the lower left to light in the upper right, with "blurred" swooping white lines of various density.

You might could get a pro spray gun wielder to do that for not horrible amounts of money.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Wallpaper is a good option aswell tho, there are places that you can take an image and that they will turn it into wallpaper at an not overly evil cost.

Think about maybe using the kind of wooden desks that they have in the apple store - they are quite cool.

but you cant have a seat, just a black round ball to balance on!!!

stu
  • Reply 4 of 16
    The Snozberries Taste Like Snozberries.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Painting it the Aqua blue won't look right. Aqua looks like a nice plastic or glass. Matte paint will never pull it off.

I'd recommend looking through some interior / architectual magazines for "inspiration" and copying something that looks nice / is doable.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

I want to lick my home office.

WOW, There really IS a fetish for everything online!!!
  • Reply 7 of 16
    But really, the main cool factor of the Apple store is the lighting...fill the room with light, but do NOT make the light the focal point of the room.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

WOW, There really IS a fetish for everything online!!!

I'm sure there isn't any sort of lady-licking fetish yet, god help us if those sorts of people live among us.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

I'm sure there isn't any sort of lady-licking fetish yet, god help us if those sorts of people live among us.

<sheepish> I should leave now <scuries to the door>

LOL
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

But really, the main cool factor of the Apple store is the lighting...fill the room with light, but do NOT make the light the focal point of the room.

I had that figured in - a lot of ambient light eminating from the desk area and from behind pictures on the wall.

If I can't pull off aqua pain on the walls I might try putting an aqua backboard to the desk area and doing that invisible monitor trick.

Aqua walls would be cool if I could do it right, but I'm getting the impression that is beyond my skills and too pricey to order out.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

I had that figured in - a lot of ambient light eminating from the desk area and from behind pictures on the wall.

If I can't pull off aqua pain on the walls I might try putting an aqua backboard to the desk area and doing that invisible monitor trick.

Aqua walls would be cool if I could do it right, but I'm getting the impression that is beyond my skills and too pricey to order out.

Well- if you want your office to look like an Apple Store- the walls are white- not blue.

White walls, maple furniture w/ brushed metal accents, glass, and light.

This is a mini store (which I think looks cooler than their regular store...

Regular Store

• Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

This is a mini store (which I think looks cooler than their regular store...

Is that an ACD on the wall behind the counter?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

No, it's a dell.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mynamehere

I think it's just one of the large LCDs that they have in their regular stores behind the genius bar? Like a 37" Aquos maybe?
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

I think it's just one of the large LCDs that they have in their regular stores behind the genius bar? Like a 37" Aquos maybe?

I thought it looked a bit large to be an ACD.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gregmightdothat

Painting it the Aqua blue won't look right. Aqua looks like a nice plastic or glass. Matte paint will never pull it off.

I'd recommend looking through some interior / architectual magazines for "inspiration" and copying something that looks nice / is doable.

It is possible to do if you epoxy coat the wall, but I wouldn't exactly recommend doing so. This is for the same reason that my real estate agent didn't recommend that I install a urinal, the way I want to. If you want the best look, you should practice on a piece of plywood.

I may still install the urinal if I can figure a good way to dismantle it when I sell the condo.