Sony PSP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey I was just wondering if anybody here uses their PSP with thier Mac. I wanted to know what progam do you use. I've trie downloading some but when I connect my PSP it tells me that it is not connected.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    agiagi Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Muchisgiven

Hey I was just wondering if anybody here uses their PSP with thier Mac. I wanted to know what progam do you use. I've trie downloading some but when I connect my PSP it tells me that it is not connected.

I use pspware to manage game saves/media. it works pretty well and can even convert movie files into a format acceptable to the psp.

however, i prefer using ffmpeg to create movies as you can encode them as h.264 - resulting in smaller files sizes/better quality.

hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Actually I used psp ware, but it told me that the PSP was not connected. I tried turning off the psp and turning it back on but I still get the same message.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    agiagi Posts: 13member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Muchisgiven

Actually I used psp ware, but it told me that the PSP was not connected. I tried turning off the psp and turning it back on but I still get the same message.

the psp doesn't auto-connect like the ipod. you have to select 'usb connection' from settings - pspware should pick it up after that (assuming your cable isn't broken).
  • Reply 4 of 8
    okay I should choose that from that setting from the PSP?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Yea, you have to tell the PSP to go into USB mode. It's all shown in the PSP manual.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    thanks a lot I appreciate it...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Great it worked...Now I just need a bigger memory stick...32mb is nothing
  • Reply 8 of 8
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Yea, 32MB is only good for game saves.