Apple's iBook successor may sport fashionable hues

Comments

• Reply 81 of 208
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Colors would be good, but I predict that the Macbook WILL be plastic.

They need product differentiation and they also need to save the $.

As for sku's, I could see them releasing a few main colors with the rest only available at Apple.com or perhaps Apple stores.

Corey

Oh and by the way (ducking) they will also have integrated graphics.

• Reply 82 of 208
    aegisdesignaegisdesign Posts: 2,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Corey

Now THAT sounds very Apple.

Exsqueeze me?

Maroon?
  • Reply 83 of 208
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aegisdesign

Exsqueeze me?

Maroon?

I was referring to the deep color theory. It's not Stevelike to rehash the same colors. It's not different! Deep colors would be different and if done well could be quite classy looking.

Corey
  • Reply 84 of 208
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I don't know. Anodizing?

If that can be done, I think it would have a milky color, more so than the current product. I don't think it would be a flattering look.
  • Reply 85 of 208
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Let's hope the only colors are white and black.

... and red. I am all for red, the deep tinted kind, if you know

what i mean.
  • Reply 86 of 208
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    It would be nice if, like the lit Apple logo on powerbooks, the new MacBooks used a translucent white plastic which could be lit up in a colour defined by the user. It wouldn't use extra energy if it reflected the screen light somehow. Just an idea, but an interesting one I think.
  • Reply 87 of 208
    it would be nice if somehow they could give the new notebooks an automotive finish... kindof like what voodoo pc (www.voodoopc.com) does on some of their high end stuff, or maybe something like colorwarepc (www.colorwarepc.com)

I always thought some of the super bright colors that colorware pc does for the powerbook looked cool (Blaze, Envy, Ferrari, Techno...)

edit: just noticed something else!

there has been a trend recently in the auto industry to replace aluminum with carbon fibre to save weight while maintaining durability.

What if apple made its next line of notebooks out of carbon fibre? Probably too expensive, but would be practical and look pretty cool too.
  • Reply 88 of 208
    jtblqjtblq Posts: 86member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

My guess is that they'll have two colours, black and white...but both accented by brushed aluminum edges.

sexy.
  • Reply 89 of 208
    jousterjouster Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

Correct. The only way to get white aluminum is through powder coating, much different than anodizing and not nearly as durable. But any anodizing other than 'type 3' will be subject to scratching, which is probably why you have a alu powerbooks and macbooks in kind of a brushed look and not available in colored anodize.

Well, there are some companies claiming to be close to producing a white dye for anodizing that does not require electro-deposition. But these are a little ways from being commercially viable, so I'll retract my original statement. It seems they might require a further protective layer to hold the dye.

Would be cool if they could do it.
  • Reply 90 of 208
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    It's 7am now but I thought I'd get my cross-pimpin' of my mockups out the door. Some Macbook colours

• Reply 91 of 208
    I love that red one.
  • Reply 92 of 208
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zpapasmurf

What if apple made its next line of notebooks out of carbon fibre? Probably too expensive, but would be practical and look pretty cool too.

Oh no...

Not another "Carbonfibres Erecticus"

btw:

Suni:

Black One
  • Reply 93 of 208
    When is the next Apple keynote/event that might be used to announce the MacBook?
  • Reply 94 of 208
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

It's 7am now but I thought I'd get my cross-pimpin' of my mockups out the door. Some Macbook colours

Hubba Hubba!! *Drops Jaw*

Those are nice, great job. I really like the black and red, those would definitly be a hit

- Noah
  • Reply 95 of 208
    I like the 4th and 5th designs the most.
  • Reply 96 of 208
    im a huge fan of number 4!

those actually look great

the dark red is really professional looking as well... more of a lexus red vs. say ferrari red, very understated
  • Reply 97 of 208
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Very nice. I wouldn't expect I'm hoping at the very least they offer something that isn't the standard "Institutional White". If it has to be plastic, one that is coated so it doesn't scratch easily. Fingerprints can be wiped off, scratches cannot be cleaned up so easily.
  • Reply 98 of 208
    I thnk, reguardless of color, I woud like to see a case similar to the iPod Minis... If they did a dark Purple, you would be surprised how well, I think, it would sell!! Has any one heard anything about pricing...?
  • Reply 99 of 208
    The mockups are cool. But it won't be the first time I rain on someone else's parade: not likely.

I think it's unlikely only because Apple has been trying to establish itself over the past few years as more than a gimmick or brand-only wonder.

Once Apple feels on top again, we'll talk about colors and such...
  • Reply 100 of 208
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    please God no macbook that looks like those.

my eyes!