Keyboard Help

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
The function keyboards on my computer stopped working, so now I can't turn up the volume, brightness of the display, and the eject button doesn't work either. I tried clicking the "restore to default" button, but it didn't help any. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thankyou,

Macs_finests

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by macs_finest

The function keyboards on my computer stopped working, so now I can't turn up the volume, brightness of the display, and the eject button doesn't work either. I tried clicking the "restore to default" button, but it didn't help any. Is there anyway to fix this?

Thankyou,

Macs_finests

If this was a desktop keyboard I'd suggest unplugging / replugging it. Is this a laptop though?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Yes it is a laptop (an iBook G4). Well the rest of the keyboard works, its just the whole to row (the escape button works though). Well thanks for the help anyway, any other suggestions??
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ^^top row...sry
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Here's what you do:

Boot from your system CD/DVD. Try and get a response from your function keys. If they work, try reinstalling MacOS, but if not, you have a hardware fault. This may just be a bad connection, but may require a replacement keyboard. You'd need to go to your apple service rep.

-t