If I buy Video iPod now...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
...and then apple updates them...what is the return policy?

I was thinking of ordering one of the video ipods now before my trip to Brazil in a couple of weeks, and not opening it UNTIL I am about to leave.

If apple updates before I go, then I will return it and upgrade. If they don't...then I'll open it. :-)

What is the return policy? 14 days? I am not sure.

I had the 60 gig photo ipod before it was lost. Now I have to decide between the 30 & 60 gig video ipod. The 30 gig is thinner, but the 60 gig holds more and has a 6 hr better battery life.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    im suppose to get a 30gb tomorrow. wait, whats the battery life to the 30gb?

oh wait i cant read, i thought you said the 60gb has a 6 hour battery life, meaning the 30gb has less then 6hrs and i was like WHAT?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    According to Apple the 30 gig has a 14hr battery life, and the 60gig has a 20hr battery life.

But the 60 gig is thicker than the 30gig
  • Reply 3 of 13
    In light of what I just read on "Thinksecret" about the release of the new video iPod being delayed because of "problems" with the touch screen...I think I'll just get one of the current video ipods and be done with it.

• Reply 4 of 13
    m_shellm_shell Posts: 30member
    i got a 30gb ipod today
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Still, what's the return policy? If I get one as a gift, can I still return it (to upgrade to a better one)?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    I'm gonna buy one next week. Still torn. Don't know if I should get the 30 or 60 gig.

Once I decide which one...then of course I have to pick which color, black or white.

Aaaaaaaaaaargggggggh! Curse you Apple! :P
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by chocolatedude

Still, what's the return policy? If I get one as a gift, can I still return it (to upgrade to a better one)?

if your asking me i couldnt tell you. ... sorry
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by regan

I'm gonna buy one next week. Still torn. Don't know if I should get the 30 or 60 gig.

Once I decide which one...then of course I have to pick which color, black or white.

Aaaaaaaaaaargggggggh! Curse you Apple! :P

i got white
  • Reply 9 of 13
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Chill. Don't Get It.

Get the next Rev.

It's to much of a mess returning it.

Trust me.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    rule of thumb: don't buy from Apple, buy from Best Buy or somewhere that has a 15 or 30 day return policy. Apple will charge you a 10% restocking fee on an opened item (14 days). No charge on unopened in 14 days, but you're gonna use it.

The other stores will take it back no questions asked and just refund your money.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by sandau

rule of thumb: don't buy from Apple, buy from Best Buy or somewhere that has a 15 or 30 day return policy. Apple will charge you a 10% restocking fee on an opened item (14 days). No charge on unopened in 14 days, but you're gonna use it.

The other stores will take it back no questions asked and just refund your money.

yeah i got mine from best buy...which is also where i got my first ipod, the mini, last yr.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    But if I get it as a gift, will I need a receipt, or will all stores just take it back?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by chocolatedude

But if I get it as a gift, will I need a receipt, or will all stores just take it back?

your probably need a receipt...if someone was to give you an ipod i would think they would give like a gift recipit with it or something because its such an expensive/big gift.