Should we make a cyberpetition ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
6 months ago, I bought a quad G5, with a 6600 video card, expecting to upgrade it later.

I am still checking everywhere, but the truth is that there isn't any PCI e video card for the PCI express G5.

Technically, there is absolutely no reason to have at least a geforce 7800 video card avalaible in store. The question is why it's for BTO only ?

Apple must do something !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Hopefully this retardation should be over once and for all with the Mac Pro release. It's getting to be really annoying having to buy videocards that are marked up hundreds of dollars because there's no other way.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Hopefully this retardation should be over once and for all with the Mac Pro release. It's getting to be really annoying having to buy videocards that are marked up hundreds of dollars because there's no other way.

Let's expect it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    It is my understanding that until video card makers start supporting EFI boards, we're going to be in the same boat, but with BIOS vs. EFI instead of Wintel vs. Apple.

Since the EFI spec allows for a BIOS compatibility module, until Boot Camp I wasn't sure we'd be any better off, but who knows? \
  • Reply 4 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

It is my understanding that until video card makers start supporting EFI boards, we're going to be in the same boat, but with BIOS vs. EFI instead of Wintel vs. Apple.

Since the EFI spec allows for a BIOS compatibility module, until Boot Camp I wasn't sure we'd be any better off, but who knows? \

At least Apple should be able to retail the geforce 7800 card, and do not make it BTO only