Front Row Movie Trailers Broken?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
"The Movie Trailers Website Is Not Responding"

That's all I've been getting for the past few weeks...

Anyone else experiencing this? It used to work...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stedwick

"The Movie Trailers Website Is Not Responding"

That's all I've been getting for the past few weeks...

Anyone else experiencing this? It used to work...

I just tested FrontRow and got the same "The Movie Trailers Website Is Not Responding" message at the bottom of the screen when playing trailers. The movies still played though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    Strangely enough mine havnt been working for weeks but reading your message made me grab my remote to again try it...and it worked, go figure.

I am still getting the message at the bottom of the trailer that says movie server not responding.

I did talk to Applecare regarding this issue and the rep I was talking to said it was a known issue, it is Apples issue and they are working to find out what is causing it.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    stedwickstedwick Posts: 78member
    You're right. It is working. Odd. But cool =)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I'm glad it works but its not good that this random message is appearing on the screen. If Apple wants to wow PC users and convince them to switch things gotta be working problem free.

Then again, the average PC user is probably trained to ignore things like this, so maybe its not a big deal since their expectations are so low.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    try hitting the space bar twice (pause/play). it works for me, like it wakes it up or something.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SHAPIRO2

try hitting the space bar twice (pause/play). it works for me, like it wakes it up or something.

Is there a way of doing that with the remote? I don't normally have key/mouse plugged into my mini, I just lob files to it across the network then use the remote to play them on the telly.