Corrupted Cookie Or??

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I get the following error message when I go to a website in Safari: "An error of the type 'Microsoft VBScript runtime has occurred". This happens whether I type in the URL or use the favorite for that site. The site works perfectly when I'm using another computer on the same network.

OK, I'm lost here. Would a corruped cookie do something like this? If so, would emptying the cache clear up the problem? In 10.3.9 where does Safari keep its cookies? Is it even possible to isolate one cookie rather than dumping them all?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OldCodger73

I get the following error message when I go to a website in Safari: "An error of the type 'Microsoft VBScript runtime has occurred". This happens whether I type in the URL or use the favorite for that site. The site works perfectly when I'm using another computer on the same network.

OK, I'm lost here. Would a corruped cookie do something like this? If so, would emptying the cache clear up the problem? In 10.3.9 where does Safari keep its cookies? Is it even possible to isolate one cookie rather than dumping them all?

Any ideas?

Safari Preferences -> Security -> Show Cookies ...

Or get Cocoa Cookies to search for the cookie you want.

I don't think it is a cookie problem though. The site is trying to run VBScript which is part of Active Server Pages most likely. If there is a problem in the interaction between the webpage and its database that can give you that error.

I doubt that it is a problem with your machine. Have you tried another browser?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lundy thanks for the cookie location. I probably wound never have found it on my own. Anyway, I dumped all the cookies I could find for that website and that seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks again.