iPod microphone....

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey. Was just wondering if there are microphone attachments for the new video ipods?

I know griffen and belkin made a mic for the 4th gen photo ipods...but haven't seen any for the video ipods.

Anyone know if there are any available?

Thanks,

Reg

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Techniclly the iPod earbud as a microphone in the left ear. but i dont know of software for the iPod to utilize that, or if the line out port is also a line in port. You'd think it would be because of it also being an AV out port.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    I just went to Griffin's website. They don't make their "italk" mic for the 5th gen video ipods...only the 4th gen and earlier.

I find this really odd. The video ipods been out for awhile now.

why are there no mic attachments for it?

And what is that about the left earphone being able to be used as a mic nonsense? Is that true? Even if so...does the sound quality suck? I just find this silly.

Anyone have an answer to these questions?

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 6
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    The iPod ear buds both have microphones, but only one is needed for recording in non-stero. When you use both you are recording in stero. As far as the quality...it ain't somethin to ride home about.

Try hooking them to a PC with a Audio In port (macs don't have microphone ports anymore).
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Any headphones or speakers can be used as microphones. This has nothing to do with the iPod or iPod headphones. A speaker (even if it's a really little one in a headphone) is essentially a back-words microphone, and visa versa. Try hooking any pair of headphones into the audio in port - they will all work.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    There is an attachment. CD quality too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icfireball

The iPod ear buds both have microphones, but only one is needed for recording in non-stero. When you use both you are recording in stero. As far as the quality...it ain't somethin to ride home about.

Try hooking them to a PC with a Audio In port (macs don't have microphone ports anymore).

WRITE home about