Bose QuietComfort 2 Headphones

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone own these and what do you think of them? I was VERY impressed when I tried them out at the Apple Store. I love that they're so comfortable and that they noise cancelling works so well. I know they're very expensive, but if I were to get these I would intend on using them for years to come.

I know that they're Bose, and many "true audiophiles" mock anything Bose. I really am not interested in the "Bose Sucks!" and "Never buy Bose" replies. I get it, but I've been happy with anything Bose that I've bought before. I'm just a little leery to plop down $300 without some other input.

If you have experience in using or owning these, I'd like to hear from you. What's your honest experience with the sound quality, noise cancelling feature, durability, portability, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:

I know that they're Bose, and many "true audiophiles" mock anything Bose. I really am not interested in the "Bose Sucks!" and "Never buy Bose" replies. I get it...

Apparently you don't get. If you did, your post would read something like: "I've been told "Never buy Bose". I get it, I won't buy these headphones because they're made by Bose.

:-)

I've used these headphones before and they work really well on an airplane to block out the engine sound. As far as headphones, they're average, but they work great as noise blockers. If you fly alot long sidtances, the price is actually not significant with respect to airplane tickets anyway. :-)
  • Reply 2 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I've listened to the first QuietComforts and was equally impressed. The second generation is probably superior. Wait until you take them on a flight. You'll thank yourself for spending the cash.

I don't always think Bose makes the best stuff but the CQ headphones are decent in my book.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    chipzchipz Posts: 100member
    The Bose QC headphones are great. I have an audiophile system (all Linn high end equipment) and these headphones fit right in. I also have a pair of high end electrostatic headphones and the Bose comes extremely close to matching those. I don't know why audiophiles don't like Bose. I think they're great - a little pricey, but nice.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    I've got a pair, and I've also got a nice pair of Sennheisers for listening at work.

The QC2s do a good job of cutting out the droning noise of airplane engines, but the sound is for my taste a little "boomy". This is actually fine on a plane, but not great otherwise.

Also:

? my pair broke at the head strap w/normal use -- not great. Maybe quality control has improved

? the headphones don't work if the battery is dead, and when the battery is low the headphones click on and off

? they're pricey

On the plus side an iPod fits great in the carrying case.

Summation: great for planes, mediocre for everything else.

PS -- I'm not really an audiophile
  • Reply 5 of 5
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    I have to admit, after using my uncles pair of the Bose QC2 headphones, I really liked them. They do a great job at blocking out background noise, and have decent sound quality (I am the farthest thing from being an audiophile) depending on what is being played. There is only one thing I do not like about these headphones, you cannot turn off the noise reduction. My conclusion: definitely worth the price if you spend alot of time in noisy places where you do not need to hear people, annoying if someone is talking to you and you do not realise. In my opinion, go for it!

Noah