Anyone have a cheap/(free??) laptop?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there. As some of you may know, I've been in the Peace Corps since '04. I'm completing my service and coming home (Cincinnati, Ohio) to finish my graduate program. I'm going to be working on my thesis and won't have my own apartment, so I would really like something portable, just for word processing. I thought maybe someone out there had an old laptop that could run System 7.6 or maybe 8. Seriously, I don't care if the resolution is 12 pixels by 8 pixels. Anything out there? I don't really want to spend more than $100.

I might even take a PC, though it would confuse me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    i don't have any laptops, but i have 2 pcs, desktops, one is 1.0ghz with 128ram and the other is 1.53 with 480ram
  • Reply 2 of 3
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

Hi there. As some of you may know, I've been in the Peace Corps since '04. I'm completing my service and coming home (Cincinnati, Ohio) to finish my graduate program. I'm going to be working on my thesis and won't have my own apartment, so I would really like something portable, just for word processing. I thought maybe someone out there had an old laptop that could run System 7.6 or maybe 8. Seriously, I don't care if the resolution is 12 pixels by 8 pixels. Anything out there? I don't really want to spend more than $100.

I have a Powerbook 5300CE you can have, It's not much but it runs System 8.6 alright. Plus your pretty close to me so shipping won't be to expensive.

Processor Type: PowerPC 603e

Processor Speed: 117 MHz

RAM: 64 MB

Hard Drive: 1.2 GB
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

You could try to win one at that madmac.us contest. If disagree just tell me don't ban me, Pleeaase.